1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

VSC light on C2318

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Bluefever, Jul 15, 2020.

1. Bluefever

Bluefever Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    One
    I just got my 2008 Prius about a week ago. The VSC light is on. A friend plugged it in for me. The only codes are-- Transmission module- C2318 Climate Module- B1411, B1421 . It only has 111,230 miles on it. The 12 volt battery tests good until when the ice is on, it's only being supplied 12.5 volts. Has anyone had a similar issue?

2. SFO

SFO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Was that 12.5v, with the vehicle ON, and using a voltmeter at both the jump points under the hood and at the 12v battery in the rear?

Have you checked the inverter coolant pump, or has it been replaced in the last 111,230 miles?

Which OBD2 reader did your friend use to retrieve the codes (DTCs) with?

3. Bluefever

Bluefever Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    One
    The 12 volt battery was tested directly at the battery with a battery load tester. The scan tool was a snap on, im not sure of the model.

4. SFO

SFO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    A 12.5v reading with the vehicle off should be fine, but 12.5 with the vehicle "ready" is not.

Given that the VSC was the only light on dash, the scanner may not be hybrid compatible. Many prefer using a 'mini-vci' cable and a copy of techstream (dealer tech software) to retrieve codes (DTCs) with, you can also try an OBD2 adapter and an App like Dr Prius :

This link can guide you in finding a decent adapter : Hybrid battery diagnostic and repair tool for Toyota and Lexus

You can find the service history by running the VIN at : Welcome to Toyota Owners