1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

VSC

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Lectricar, May 6, 2004.

1. Lectricar

Lectricar New Member

What is this? I have a #9 package - I understand that it is a stability control device, does anyone know how it works?

rn

2. HTMLSpinnr

HTMLSpinnr Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    It basically helps prevent you from skidding out in many situations. There's various writeups online on how it works - check Google for Stability Control or VSC or the like. It goes by many names.

Come to think of it, Bosch has a pretty good writeup on it somewhere, including streaming video.

In a nutshell, using multiple sensors it can detect when the vehicle isn't going in the direction that the steering wheel is telling it to, and attempts to prevent the skid/spinout by applying quick brake pressure to a single wheel, reduce engine power, and or provide steering resistance or assist in order to help the driver regain control of the vehicle.

3. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Actually, search under Electronic Stability Control--the more generic name...I used to have a link to a great web site with sample videos and such, if I can find it when I get home I'll post it here.

4. HTMLSpinnr

HTMLSpinnr Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    Evan, I think you and I are thinking of the same site :)