1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

VSV valve sticking

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Trish90, Sep 11, 2015.

1. Trish90

Trish90 New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I just brought my 2011 Prius to the dealership today after the check engine light came on. Last night, the car was intermittently revving at a high level, but otherwise the car as running fine. The service technician was saying it was the VSV valve that was intermittently sticking. I was told that there was a software update on this valve that might take care of the problem; this would cost $245 for 2 hours of labor since the update was "manual". Seems excessive to me but that's not my main question. The service technician was offering either just the update for $245 or they could also replace the valve for $530. I asked about the lifespan for the valve, but he had no information about that. I told him to just do the software update, but now I'm wondering if I should also replace the valve. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks!

2. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Just editorial, I don't know the first thing about it, but could this be the VSC valve, Vehicle Skid Control?

3. Former Member 68813

Former Member 68813 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A