1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

VW Hybrids

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by Mister MMT, Feb 15, 2012.

1. Mister MMT

Mister MMT Active Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  2. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney EditProfOptInfoCustomUser Title

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    The more the merrier. It'll be interesting, especially with the true high-speed glide up to 84mph. (Well, I presume it's actually 130km/h, the general German Autobahn limit or recommended speed.).

3. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I also agree, the more products the better. But what are the estimated MPG figures?

Because I don't know if I agree with Volkswagens contention that sporty performance is a priority.

What I think Toyota and Prius have shown with success, and products like Honda Accord V6 Hybrid have shown in failure, is that efficiency and MPG are the priorities for hybrid buyers and drivers.

In other words? I think the a big part of the formula for Hybrid success with Toyota has been leaning the compromise of driving performance towards greatest efficiency. They have dominated the Hybrid market because I think Toyota realized in the real world of congested city driving, and actually in most real world applications...a few extra seconds from 0-60 don't really matter as much to consumers as 50 mpg.

But I'd be interested to see how this vehicle sells. And I think the more technology and options available moves the entire industry forward. Everyone learns from everyone else.