1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

VW Jetta TDI tops Consumer Reports eco roundup, Honda CR-Z scores too low to recommend

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by cwerdna, Dec 7, 2010.

1. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    VW Jetta TDI tops Consumer Reports eco roundup, Honda CR-Z scores too low to recommend — Autoblog

2. caffeinekid

caffeinekid Duct Tape Extraordinaire

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  3. Skoorbmax

Skoorbmax Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    VW's quality is the cat's nice person. And that's even before I read today of another recall for 300k+ of their vehicles. Apparently several people have been injured by air bags that like to blow and in other cases a windshield wiper mechanism that rubs raw a fuel line and causes a camp fire where you don't want it.

I'd take the TDI despite what I just said because the 2 and Fiestas are too small. I believe based on everything I've read that without lifelong fanbois the CR-Z would have been aborted before it hit show rooms. It's like a Smart car; objectively it's just terrible. Here we have a two seater current-gen insight with worse mileage and still not fun to drive. And it's not even inexpensive. It's like they said "How can we look at the first insight we had a decade ago and make something much, much worse?" and this is what they came up with. Mission accomplished.

Protip, Honda: simply ripping out three seats does not make a car a sports coupe.

Also, 1999 called and wants its Hybrid technology back. Engine shut off at lights and AC stops? Aren't you ashamed of yourself?

BTW I like the review of fuel doc. I can't believe people touting these are not simply put in prison. I was under the impression that being a con artist was illegal.

4. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Only if you sucker people out of their money or property. Otherwise Fox News and the various think tanks (Heritage Institute, American Enterprise Institute, National Wilderness Institute, etc.) would be in prison. :)