1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

VW Volkswagen unveils EV Golf for US, Jetta coming next. 2013

Discussion in 'EV (Electric Vehicle) Discussion' started by Rybold, May 3, 2010.

1. Rybold

Rybold globally warmed member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    1 person likes this.
  2. Zythryn

Zythryn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Great to hear more companies getting competitors in the EV ring:)

3. mwalsh

mwalsh Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    They all need to work faster though!

1 person likes this.
  4. Rybold

Rybold globally warmed member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I know. Crude oil is destroying the earth TODAY!!! 2013 seems like a long distance away. We need EVs NOW!!!

5. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Zap Xebra. Available since 2006, if not earlier. (I'm not sure about earlier.) You just have to accept some compromises in performance. It's a lifestyle choice. People want to go green, but only if it won't affect their life style. The problem is that the human race is doomed unless we accept a lot of very significant lifestyle changes. Not just in transportation, but in the way we produce our necessities, in the kinds of communities we live in, in what and how much we consume, and even in how many kids we have.

Sometimes I'm a little frustrated with my little three-legged clown car. But I've been driving it for almost 3 years. (I may have said 4 elsewhere, but I just checked my records: May of 2007.)

6. evnow

evnow Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    N/A
    Absolutely true. Unfortunately, I don't think Homo Sapiens are capable of addressing long term risks. They are only good at dealing with the short term risks - I blame Darwin for that ;-)

I looked at NEVs sometime back. I realized it is unworkable for me since I had to take some high speed roads where it won't be legal. One easy way to electrify the trasport would be to reduce max speed to 40 mph and make NEVs legal to drive everywhere. There are enormous benefits with this - major gas savings, reduction in accidents etc.

7. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    That's right: blame the messenger! :D

Like I said: lifestyle choices: living where you need a gas car.

But I agree with you that it's in our nature to eat everything within our reach (literally and figuratively) and there's probably nothing to be done about that but keep consuming until there's nothing left.