1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

vx9800 and phonebook

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by hybridlover, Dec 5, 2006.

1. hybridlover

hybridlover Junior Member

Hi Folks,

I am a new Prius owner... its been absolutely fun so far... the vx9800 works swell in 2007 Prius... the only complaint - cannot sync the address book from the phone. Otherwise, the battery meter, signal strength, are great. Never once, I had dropped bluetooth connection and the people I have called all mentioned that the voice quality is great.

Here is my question - someone in one of the old post from year(s) ago mentioned that if one had a laptop with bluetooth connection, then the phonebook could be sync'd. Anyone tried this? Any pointers would be great...

Thanks.

2. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    verizon wireless does not support that function

3. tag

tag Senior Member

Doesn't the 9800 have Object Push for vCard (like the VX8300)? If so, that should work for contact transfers.

4. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    good question. variations to the BT options are pretty recent for verizon and we are looking at a phone that has run its course (the 9800) verses a new product offering (the 8300 which has only been available a month or so)

5. tag

tag Senior Member

Yeah, the 9800 was released, IIRC, about a year ago but the 8300 has been around for close to 6 months. Regardless, I could swear I read an account of a 9800 owner that he/she was able to transfer contacts to either a Prius or a HyCam using the 'send via vCard' option.

6. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    well the laptop transfer option does intrigue me. you can backup your contact list online for free. use the laptop to transfer via BT to the car. if that works, who cares what phone will do what??

if you go to get it now on your phone, download backup assistant (it says its $1.99 a month, but that charge is waived if you have an online account) then you have a copy of your contact list that can be accessed from the internet.

as far as when the 8300 was available, i got the 8100 on march 29th and it was at least a few months before the 8300 came out. i really wanted the VZ Navigator Function but realized that an additional 2-3 month wait was out of the question