1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

WA Area PriusChat members Needed!!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by DaveinOlyWA, Jul 24, 2004.

1. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    We now have a WA area Club forum...

so come over and input some ideas on getting some events going...

cmon now... i know you all wanna do something in person. after all NO ONE likes to type that much.

2. RobertO

RobertO New Member

Early Member Finally Steps Up

Dave:

Been watching your posts. Nice contributions.

I live in the Renton Highlands, work for Qwest in downtown Seattle.

Yeah.

Let's do something sort of Puget Sound-esque.

Be sure to include The Left Coast of Canada, eh?

Regards,

Bob

3. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I don't have a Prius but according to all the indicators I will get one on Friday the 13th (August). Will I be eligible?
    PS A silver #9 arrived at Helena today and the CR is sending a check. I fly in and do a bit of fishing with my son and drive home with a new car, a threefer!

4. seasalsa

seasalsa Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Count me in too. My schedule is very flexible, I was even able to make it to West Seattle to meet with RobertO and Danny so I can go anywhere.

5. Frank Hudon

Frank Hudon Senior Member

Date and time is all I need. Sorry I don't type that much, but I promise to talk a lot;) Most always available on friday sat or sunday. As I can probably drive down there for $6 CDN I can afford it now. If it's in about 3 weeks or so the wife might even bring her Prius down. She has cataract surgery tomorrow morning, and should be back driving in 3 weeks. I'll definitely bring my Classic. Haven't been down for a couple of years so it's about time again. Anywhere in the Puget Sound is ok by me as I'd like to meet the people who have commented on some of my posts. As most of you are I'm quite normal. Ok a rabid Prius person but mostly normal.

6. Starbug

Starbug New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Count me in. My schedule tends not to be flexible, but that's what you get when you hold too many jobs. Sundays are most likely to result in being able to do something during the day-time. Evenings are good Mon-Thurs since I get off at 5pm. I really look forward to meeting everybody!

7. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    hey you dont have to have a Prius to be invited. and you dont even have to live in WA to come.

all that is required is a desire to meet some interesting people and to find out more about the most technilogically advanced car on the market today.

i do have my car and its one thing to flip through the forum and read about it, but having one to look at in person makes all the difference in the world. here is a good example. i ordered the seaside pearl because the light greenish color was an exact match to my bike... well according to the brousure it was. well in person, i must say its just plain ole gray. and the brighter the light, the grayer it is.

i will admit that in twilight only then does it start to take on a greenish tint.

http://www.geocities.com/daveinolywa/image...iusandBike.html

8. Starbug

Starbug New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I just wish the Salsa was available with the grey interior.... tan interiors look dirty very quickly. I'm not normally one to pick red (blue is my choice!), but I saw a salsa in Issaquah the other week, and I really really liked the way the color looked. Best red I've ever seen. Bummer that your seaside looks grey most of the time. I guess it looks best when viewed on a computer screen, eh? Oh well, your car still rocks. :)

9. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    ooops (face turning red...)

i have a tidelands pearl. LOL... im glad you cant see any backspaces... i just typed that i had a seaside AGAIN!

actually i refer to the color as Chameleon since it seems to change color according to the type of light its in.

also the pic didnt turn out too well. cant tell what color the bike is. maybe ill make another.

10. Hybred

Hybred New Member

I'm game for whatever is planned, as long as it's on a Tuesday, at 3 in the morning, at Salty's parking lot. Come with lots of cash on hand. :-P Seriously, I have a normal 9 to 5 work week, and weekends are generally free. I'll travel almost anywhere as long as we stay on the North American continent. Budget wise I'm flexible unless you're talking some place like Rover's for dinner. okay, a side note, I just installed Coastal Dave's EV cruise control unit, and nothing...I guess I should just be thankful that nothing went haywire. I triple checked all the connections (there are two purple wires you could tap by the way, but on completely different rows), and the brown wire which you insert into the pin is entirely pushed in, no metal showing...and the white bar locked in place. Any suggestions?

11. greybeard

greybeard New Member

Chalk up another one from Washington

I'm down in the southwest part of the state in Kalama but as soon as one of the dealers I'm signed up with breaks loose with a Prius, I'll be there for a meeting. Which one will it be from? Portland or Helena. The tension mounts. I thought I was too old for this but I really can't wait.

12. Starbug

Starbug New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    LOL, I always get those two colors mixed up too. I gave up a while ago and now just call em green and blue. :p

13. bookrats

bookrats New Member

Thanks for being the "point guy" on this, Dave! (I.e., the guy who does all the work!)

I probably can't make the first get-together of the WA PriusChat group, due to scheduling demands; but I will work hard to make the second. (If my Prius arrives at the right time, I'll be in a mood to drive anywhere and everywhere, and you could get me down to the Tacoma/Olympia area.)

14. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    thanks all... but star is going to do the work...hehehe

ohhh kaay star??

we need u to pick 2 spots for consideration.

i would but i dont know the area as well.

so pick two places and describe why you would like it too meet at.

and a possible scenario as far as what we would do.

then after she does that, then you all need to PM me and let me know your choice. (i figure a secret vote will give me the opportunity to change the results if i dont like it...)

then after the votes are in i'll let you know the results and then we can pick a time. i would like to shoot for the weekend of the 7th or 14th of aug (this is negotiatiable of course)

ok now... anyone can make a suggestion if you have burning desires or whatever. but i think it will be easier if we narrow it down to two places to vote on. this way we have time to argue over ... i mean discuss the options...too many choices tends to confuse the issues especially when we cant do this face to face...ok??

good~!! i knew you all would agree.

15. Starbug

Starbug New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    LOL, ok Captain DaveinOlyWA! Mission accepted! *salutes you Rimmer-style (Red Dwarf)* :mrgreen:

I have to be out and about tomorrow, so I will do some scouting for exact locations and get back to you. We need shade, easy access to food/drink, and somewhere where our cars (except mine *shudder*) will be visible to the public for a bit of show-and-tell. And we something to do. Ok. I will PM you with results!

-Secret Agent Starbug

16. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Re: Chalk up another one from Washington

I don't know if Portland is better than Olympia but if you are talking about Helena Motors in MT I would bet on them. I ordered 5 and 1/2 weeks before my car arrived, was promised 6-8 weeks. My Prius is sitting there even waiting for me to get time off work on the 13 to pick it up and drive it home. I wish that everyone I work with would stop all these vacations come home and let me leave! Why would you want to go to Orlando in August anyway. 12days and 4 hours but who is counting.

17. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    cool star!! go girl goooo!!!

hdrygas... isnt the wait torture??
    i can remember when my dealer called and said my car had been loaded onto the boat and would be in town in 5 days. it was the longest 5 days ive ever had to endure.

18. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I do not wish to think about it. 11 days 19 hours. I have developed a tick. Need help. Why did everyone leave town the next two weeks and why would anyone go to Orlando in August??? As soon as they get back I am "out of here".

19. Starbug

Starbug New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    LOL, poor hdrygas. We all feel your pain. I hear there are meds for controlling ticks.... some shampoos bought at the pet store get rid of ticks too. :mrgreen: :lol:

DaveinOlyWA...
    Scenario One
    Where: park in the Larry's Market lot (lots of space, and normally not crowed, unlike Red. Town Center's open-air lot & garage). Larry's lot will also get our Prii noticed much better than a parking garage will since we'll be seen from the road and anyone coming into the lot.
    What: get food from Larry's Market and walk over to Anderson Park to picnick in the shade, or go eat at any of the resterantes at Redmond Town Center (which is conveniently located across the street from Larry's), or eat at Dairy Queen (this month's Blizzard of the Month is most yummy. During my recon, I tested this out. It was part of my "research"). Or you could eat at McDonalds, if that's your burger joint of choice. There are places to sit at and BS in Red. Town Center (can see a movie there too), but they might be pretty sunny and hot. Anderson Park is not a far walk (walking never killed anybody, anyway) and is pretty much 97% shade, so we won't die of heat stroke if we go there to sit and BS (regardless of our choice to eat in a resterante or picnick). You can also park at Anderson if you prefer there instead since it'll be shaded unlike at Larry's Market.

Scenario Two
    Where: XXX Burger in Issaquah! Damn-good burger joint that often hosts vintage car shows. It's perfect. (yes i know that's not in Redmond...but i had to throw this in anyway)
    What: Go over to Gilman Blvd and wander around the cool shops. Can also eat there too if you want. All sorts of places to eat, all of em really good. I rerecommendhe Afghan resterante or the Greek one, but there's also a BBQ place that has REALLY good bottled Pepsi imported from Mexico. Best pop I ever had. There are other places to eat too, for those not liking these choices.

Scenario Three
    Where: (going back to Redmond as originally planned...) Tullies coffee over by Bella Botega theater. Nice little place to eat outside and BS, and again the Prii will be very visible in the parking lot. There's also a Pizza Haven in the lot (pizza, salad, pasta, lasagna). Subway is there too.
    What: can sit and talk at either of these places, though Tullies outdoor eating area might be best (no pressure to hurry and leave after eating, can just come and sit with our take-out food).

Scenario Four
    And still on our list, Marymore Park is great for picnicking, viewing our Prii, and BSing til the cows come home. Shade, trails to walk, whatever.

Yeah, I know that's more than the original two scenarios, but oh well. 8)

20. InTheWASide

InTheWASide New Member

Hey star.... :|

Is pepsi from mexico even REMOTELY different from pepsi in the states?

I'd hate to think you're going crazy and we'd have to take your Prius away and find it an owner thast isn't cuckoo... :crazyeyes:

:mrgreen: