1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Wait for the 2008????

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by bigdmah, Jul 11, 2007.

1. bigdmah

bigdmah New Member

all. This is my first post to this forum and I want to let you know how much I enjoy your comments. I had hoped to have my Prius by now but no such luck. I have been waiting now for over a month for the dealers to receive some new inventory. My question now is should I wait for the 2008? I hear they are coming out in August. I am currently driving a 2005 Lexus ES330. Of course, another year older means less trade-in value for my car which is a concern for me. The Prius I'm waiting for is the silver pine mica with opt #5 and the leather upgrade. Any and all opinions welcomed.</span>

2. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bigdmah @ Jul 11 2007, 02:24 PM) [snapback]476983[/snapback]</div>
    Welcome to the site. If I needed to replace my Prius today I would look for the color and option level of my choice and buy it if the price is right regardless if it is a 2007 or 2008. No guarantee your color or option level will be available next year. Or there may be a new color or trim level that you prefer. Around here there are 3 standard 2007's at one dealer and 0 at 2 others. Given your criteria, it is a moot point as they aren't silver pine mica.

3. NoMoShocks

NoMoShocks Electrical Engineer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Silver Pine Mica is the correct choice. All other colors are unfortunately, not Silver Pine Mica.

My speculation is that the color and trim options will not likely change since a complete model changeover is speculated y\to come for 2009. If I were you, I would take the opportunity during the next month before the 2008s arive to sell you Lexis on your own. You will get more for it, and will be in a better bargoning position when you buy the new Prius.

If you qualify for a 0 % finance rate on a 2007, that will almost assuredly go away for the 2008s in August.

When I buy a car, getting the one and only first choice color is very important to me. When I have not been able to find one on my own, an auto broker has always been able to get one, and probably at a better price than I could negotiate on my own.

4. ranmandx

ranmandx Junior Member

I am somewhat in a similar boat. According to a dealer i'm working with they are having a White Prius Package #6 coming in at the end of the month for me. They said literally end of july. Now are 08's coming out in august and we still don't know anything about ordering details yet? They are going to give me the 07 for 27000 out the door. I don't know if i should hold off still and save some more money and just get the 08. The other thing is resale values here in canada are soo high i could turn around and sell it in a years time with hardly ANY loss on the model since it is fully loaded with options you can't even get in canada like leather and xenon lights.