1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Wait or fly-and-buy?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by loosegravel, Aug 13, 2005.

1. loosegravel

loosegravel New Member

I want a 2006 Prius, package 6, any color but white, and I want it in January to get the tax credit.

I live in Dallas/Fort Worth, but I've read that it's easier to get a good deal and there's no wait in Southern California.

Should I get on a waiting list here (and when?) or should I just make a deal over the Internet with a SoCal dealer in January?

2. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    i think... or at least i am reasonably sure that many will be jumping on the Prius banwagon come the first of the year because of the tax credit. there will most likely be a line, so i would get in line now for a delivery in Jan

3. kkister1492

kkister1492 New Member

Why not get on a list in both places? When the time comes, you might find that your Texas dealer wants to charge over MSRP and then you'd be stuck waiting for someone else. I found a dealer in Nebraska that consistently charges $3000 over. Even with the high price of gas now, you could easily buy a plane ticket and drive back and still be money ahead.

If the dealer wants a deposit, in my experience, they just hold the check until you tell them to forget it or you come in to claim you car. Even then, we were handed back the check. So we were on two lists and weren't out any money. And we got the car we wanted.

4. Bill Lumbergh

Bill Lumbergh USAF Aircraft Maintainer

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    About 3 hours north of you in Muskogee, OK the wait is extremely short.

Granted, if you decide to purchase there, PM me regarding their Finance Manager.