1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Wait time.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by wedge40, Jun 13, 2008.

1. wedge40

wedge40 Waiting build character

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I live in Indiana and I ordered a new Prius on the 19th of May. I know it's a swag, but what kind of wait time should I expect. The sales person said could be three week, three months, who knows. I'd like to hear from other owners how long they waited to get their car.
    Right now I'm expecting sometime in August and will be happy if it's earlier.
    Should I be calling the dealer every couple of weeks or so to "check-in"?

Wedge

2. fcc

fcc New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I put my order in at the end of april. Got the car at the end of may, june 1st time frame.

So to say 6 weeks from beginning to end would be about right since I visited the
    dealer twice and did not put a down payment until the end of april time frame.

3. destro23

destro23 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    In the NY, NJ, PA area anything you order now may be about 12 weeks and come in as 2009. This is from 3 to 4 different dealers.. there are many more out there but i had had enough after trying to squeeze any info out of them.

4. pdhenry

pdhenry It's HEEERE!

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I got a call two weeks after I ordered to tell me that my car is in the new allocation; now it is supposed to be about 4-5 weeks until the car arrives at the dealer.

5. orracle

orracle Whaddaya mean "senior" member?

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Go check out the newbie board--plenty of people there talking about the waiting lists--even a support group those for in wait!!

6. wchardin

wchardin Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    I ordered mine at a dealership in Evansville, IN and it took about 6 weeks to get the car, ordered 4/9/08 and picked up 5/21/08.

7. Emma Lea

Emma Lea New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I ordered mine in mid May. The wait was supposed to be 8 to 12 weeks, but it's turning out to be much shorter, and my car is scheduled to arrive by the middle of next week.

8. MagneticGrayIndy

MagneticGrayIndy 06Prius;94M Miata;65Rambler770

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    sounds like Toyota is doing all they can to take advantage of the new found desire for Prius!!

We ordered ours in winter of '06 and got it 5/31/06 (back when the production was lower and they were on a wait).. then after they bumped up production they actually offered some incentives on Prius for short time before the price of gas spiked again and now they're back to the waiting lists.. Toyota wants to get as many out as possible would be my guess.. Uberdomination of the hybrid market! why not? they have the best product.

9. snowdog650

snowdog650 Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A