1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

wait time

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by justwatchme, Mar 4, 2005.

1. justwatchme

justwatchme New Member

Are people still waiting on lists to get a prius or has toyota cranked up production to meet demand?

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm sure someone still on a wait list will chime in. But for the most part, in most markets, the wait lists are down to several weeks. In my area, last I heard, they were still talking about 6-8 month waits, but that must be an anomaly and probably those folks have not checked around elsewhere.

If you really want one and want it NOW, then they can be found and quickly.

3. justwatchme

justwatchme New Member

i already own one i got it in april just curious because people seem so excited to have finally gotten theirs. Assumed they've been put on a wait list to get it or something

4. pdxprius

pdxprius New Member

There remains a 6-8 month wait time for a Prius order in the Portland metro area, although I found and purchased my Prius in two days, about 30 miles outside of Portland. Not convinced that increased production has made a palpable difference yet in Prius availability here.

5. rick57

rick57 Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I talked with our Inventory Manager a few weeks ago and he said it was about 3 months here. But today I heard him saying we have one on the lot that is not sold,so maybe they are getting production out sooner :roll: