1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Wait times?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by jchall30, Mar 1, 2012.

1. jchall30

jchall30 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    What have you guys that have ordered 2012 Prius's been quoted as the wait time from the factory? Ordered mine last Friday and was told probably May. Just curious what others have been told.

2. AZGeek

AZGeek Semi-informed Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Ordered mine on Feb 9 and was told 8 - 10 weeks. :(

They "explained" that only 2% of production is being painted Barcelona Red, and that other colors are likely to be delivered sooner.:rolleyes:

I was also told that the interior color also decreases the likelihood that what comes out the end of the factory will match my order. That part baffles me, but I figure it's just more BS from the sales manager who really doesn't have a clue.

What color did you order?

3. jchall30

jchall30 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Blizzard Pearl with the dark gray interior. It's a 5 with AT package and PPP package

4. AZGeek

AZGeek Semi-informed Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Well, let's have a little contest to see who gets theirs first. The winner of the contest gets --- their Prius. If I were going to bet, I think you might have a better shot than me because of the ratio of BP to Reds. IF it holds true to their 8 - 10 week guesstimate, it could be mid April to early May before I see mine. If I get an update and get jerked around (i.e., they let one slip by and go to another dealership) then I'll cancel my order and go with Dianne at Carson Toyota. I know I should have done that in the first place.

5. jchall30

jchall30 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Yeah. I hope my dealership doesn't do anything like that. The salesman I am working with I have dealt with before so I think I will be ok. I am figuring about the same arrival time as you. Late April to mid May. We shall see. I am just really looking forward to it.

6. tone_uk

tone_uk Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I know UK is a little different to USA, but I ordered my new MY2012 (officially launched here on 1st March) on 19th Feb. I'm taking delivery on 9th March - pretty quick in my view at just under 3wks. It's a standard model (TSpirit) with no extras in Pearl White.

I've seen blog posts from people who want one of the new colours or the Tech Pack add-on being quoted mid August for delivery if they order now!

Hope you guys enjoy them when they arrive :)

7. jchall30

jchall30 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Wow. :eek: Hope it doesn't take till August. That would be terrible.