1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Wait

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by penbed, May 20, 2008.

1. penbed

penbed New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I have had my Prius about one month.
    Had to wait one week to get the car I picked out.
    Salesman told me today there is a 60-90 day wait.
    WOW....:eek:

2. limetime13

limetime13 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    That's what my neighbors told me over the weekend. They have seen me driving mine (since January) and said they had been shopping for one. 30-90 days!!! :eek:

3. freshmtt

freshmtt Dachshund Addict

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Same here!!
    I bought mine April 19, 2008 last month, and the dealer had 21 in stock. 10 days after that they were all gone.

I just called them, I have been dying to see what the situation is like now. There is now a 4 month wait!! :eek: and they are only selling at MSRP. No more deals, no more under MSRP. He told me now he has 3 coming in a few weeks and they are already sold over the phone at MSRP.

I feel so happy I bought my Prius when I did!!!

4. dwdean

dwdean Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I heard the same sort of thing down here:

• Wait of 6 to 8 weeks
    • Price is generally MSRP + a premium
    • allocations are generally spoken for long before they arrive and anything on the lot is simply waiting to be picked up

5. ZC1

ZC1 Junior Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Exactly the same words I was told by my salesperson yesterday. Luckily I bought it 3 weeks ago.

Sidenote: I was at a new tint shop yesterday and all the customers were either asking me questions or listening to me wax poetically about the Prius which they could see thru the shop door window. It was nice to see their confusion *and interest* when I told them I was getting between 50 and 99.9mpg on occasion.

ZC1

6. penbed

penbed New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    [

Sidenote: I was at a new tint shop yesterday and all the customers were either asking me questions or listening to me wax poetically about the Prius which they could see thru the shop door window. It was nice to see their confusion *and interest* when I told them I was getting between 50 and 99.9mpg on occasion.

I have been getting the same questions.
    My salesman told me to stop giving his card out w/o telling buyers(?) there will be a long wait.
    Seems people "want it now".:(

7. freke70

freke70 Salesman

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I've been having to deal with it myself. I have several of my hybrid customers sending referrals to me, but I have nothing to sell them. Some of them go for a yaris, corolla, or scion model, but most really do want a prius, camry hybrid, or highlander hybrid. I saw one of my prius customers at Staples the other day, and he asked me for a stack of my business cards, and I made him promise to tell his friends about ALL the fuel-efficient choices we have, not just the Prius.

People are calling in quite regularly and just hanging up when I tell the truth that we're only taking deposits on them right now. They don't let me get to the part about actually owning one, and letting them sit in mine, and prove my MPG. I've had to sorta lie and tell them "they're available" just to get them to talk to me. Which, they are, in 30 days or so...