1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Waiting for Delivery

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by rfred, May 1, 2006.

1. rfred

rfred New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Hi All,

We ordered our white Prius with package #4 about two weeks ago and we were told the wait would be between 2 and 3 months. Having read messages on this site that expressed similar waiting times we were not too surprised. I called the dealership over the weekend and spoke to our salesperson - the car should be here by the end of May!

Now I really have to start studying because I don't want to appear to be a complete dolt when I try to drive the car off of the lot. I'm very thankful that a site like this exists where a person can ask questions as well as learn from the experiences of others.

By the way, as we started our car shopping oddysey, I was the one who was convinced that our family (there are four of us) needed a minivan and we actually went to several dealers doing price comparisons and looking over their inventory of Siennas. We requested test drives in a Prius, but at the first two locations they either didn't have one or the ones they had were brand new and "belonged" to someone. The third dealership had a 2005 Prius that we drove and fell in love with. As it turns out, they were asking $3,000 more for it than the one that we'll be driving in about a month.

It will be nice to put something in my signature besides my name...