1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Waiting for my Prius to come in from the port

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Philbo86, Sep 7, 2011.

1. Philbo86

Philbo86 New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    New to the forum and new to Prius ownership...well, close! We just put down a deposit last night on a 2011 Prius III. The dealership told us that it is currently at the port and should be at the dealership within 2-3 weeks. We received the window sticker (I'm not sure what exactly this piece of paper is called) that lists all of the options that will be included and also has the VIN number listed. We also have the contract from the dealer that lists the sale price, our trade-in allowance, and all of the taxes and fees associated with the purchase. I'm super excited for my Prius to come in, but also equally impatient. Does anybody know if there is anyway that I can track the status of my new baby from the port to the dealership? Like I said, right now all I have is the VIN number. Or does anybody have an estimate of the timeframe I'm looking at? Does 2-3 weeks sound accurate? We purchased the vehicle from a dealership in Monroeville, PA (which is just outside of Pittsburgh). Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. car compulsive

car compulsive Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Welcome! If this helps, the car I reserved cleared Portland on 8/19 and I received a call from the dealer in Michigan on 8/30 that the car had arrived. I ended up buying a different Prius from another dealer on 8/31. Having a Prius waiting for you is a good time to go shop your used car at another Toyota dealer and see if you can get a better deal on a Prius that suddenly becomes available because you walk in ready to buy immediately.

3. xpcman

xpcman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    You can track the boat the car is on (a real-time map) and when it leaves the port. But, not after the car has left the port. They might be 8 or 10 hours behind on updating the port status. I found the link by searching PriusChat.

4. scoobagirl

scoobagirl New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Isn't the anticipation a killer? :) Enjoy this time - watch videos, read the forum - you'll be so ready when your new car arrives!

Congrats!

5. NYPrius1

NYPrius1 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Welcome To PC .
    I remember the waiting - it was a killer. But All Very Worthwhile .
    Enjoy your new ride!!