1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Waiting List Trick in Vegas to get you to buy used

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Mario777, Oct 19, 2008.

1. Mario777

Mario777 New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    So I went to look at Prius's at the dealership in Las Vegas, NV and I test drove a package 6 2008 Prius in the color I wanted and loved it. Only catch was they wanted $26k for it and it had 25k miles. Ummm I can get a new package 6 for $29 or a package 5 that I really wanted for $27. I decided to put my $500 down and get on the waiting list. This was September and they told me it could be after Christmas before I got my car and I should think about getting the 2008 if I wanted to get my car this year.

I left...thought I would wait it out a while and see how long it really took. Exactly one week later I took my boyfriend down to test drive a Prius and what do you know the sales person looked in the computer and they had the EXACT car I ordered on the lot. The only catch was finding the keys that someone had hidden in the used car keys and then finding the car that was hidden in between 2 huge trucks in the back of the service bay and the only way we found it was the flashing lights.

They were hiding all the 2009's because they had used 2008s that they had taken on trade in and given the people way to much money for. So moral of the story is don't be afraid to get on the "waiting list"

2. sdtundra

sdtundra Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Ya, this is happening in San Diego too. Not the hiding part, but the other part. A dealer down here who I will not mention, has 4 2005-2007 Prius' on their Used Car lot for $25-27,000. In their ad they have 2009's for $23,597 or something like that Package 2 or Package 6 for $26,800 at another dealer. It seems to me that all these dealers picked up Prius' for over blue book only to have the market on them go soft later. Heck, when we bought my moms G35 from the Nissan Used Car Dept. they had 6 used Prius' all for 3-4k over blue book at the time.

3. EZW1

EZW1 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Four Touring
    Come to Phoenix... They've lot a lot of inventory here. Check the web to see for yourself.

4. xsmatt81

xsmatt81 non-AARP Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    this wasn't Desert Toyota was it?

:confused: