1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Waiting to pick up my 06 Driftwood w/pkg. 3

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by BamaDriftPrius, Jan 9, 2006.

1. BamaDriftPrius

BamaDriftPrius New Member

Hi all,

So, I wasn't even thinking about getting a new car when my father leased a 06 Lexus RX400h a week or so ago. Drove it, and I couldn't believe how nice it drove, couldn't even tell it was a hybrid except for the screen showing the energy monitor. Then I did some research and realized that I could get a $3150 tax credit if I got the Prius. My parents tried to get me to buy the Prius when my wife and I bought our 4Runner (V6 2WD, we average 22MPG). My wife wants the SUV for when we have kids. Anyways, I called our local dealer on the 4th to see if they had any Prii, and they had 2 that were spoken for. Still, they let me take one home for the night. I feel in love at first drive.

We ordered a Driftwood 06 with Pkg. 3 with Homelink and a few other small options. We are paying MSRP, and they are giving me decent money on my trade. I'm so excited, I check this site 25-30 times a day. Thanks to all of you for all the wonderful information you have already given me before I get the car!!!!