1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Waiting

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by grasshopper, Jan 3, 2006.

1. grasshopper

grasshopper Member

I just hope that I’m half as enthusiastic about my Prius as most of you are. I’m worried about driver seating comfort. :mellow:

2. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Is it possible to rent one? That way you can take a long test drive and see how it feels. I rented one for two weeks, going on a daily commute and trips.

Personally, I don't mind the seats, but some are in pain after a short while.

3. Dripps

Dripps New Member

John I am with you. I hear problems about traction in snow/ice/wet and about seat discomforts and all those little things make me question my decision. I admit I'm spoiled and I am trying to fight it---but don't want the new car excitement which wears off after a few weeks keep me from making the right choice in my new car. I put a lot of miles on my cars. I know I'm getting an economy car and this makes perfect sense for the driving I do around town---but I'm used to luxury cars. All the little features become normal and expected. We all must know this....do any of you remember having to actually roll a window up with a crank?? When I drive now I don't have to think about locking the doors - they automatically lock when I get going. I don't have to put my lights on when dusk hits...they are automatically on when necessary. My wipers know when there is moisture on the window and how fast they need to wipe. My seat goes back to my position when I use my key...then switches to my husbands comfort position when he uses his key. All seat adjustments are electronic. These are all unnecessary features which I now take for granted and although the Prius has MANY bells and whistles, the quality is simply not the same.
    Please don't flame me. I know you are 99.9% Prius enthusiasts and I'm quite excited about joining you all. I just have these little concerns which come and go. The plus side of owning a Prius are quite inviting and I'm still weighing the pros and cons. My other choice for a car is in another world all together and I'm trying to be smart.

4. grasshopper

grasshopper Member

Dripps,

You are exactly correct. Thank you for your support. I have bitten the bullet and if need be will have any adjustment made to make it work for me; After all, it’s only MONEY .

5. gas hater

gas hater New Member

I am in the same boat, I keep on going back and forth between the Prius and a Tacoma, just because I want the space. I have the deposit down and am waiting, but every day I ask if I am making the right decision. :(

6. owl20

owl20 New Member

I HAD MANY OF THE SAME RESERVATIONS... BUT!!! I cannot tell you how much fun this car is to drive. I have found it to be very comfortable, and I love everything about my new Prius. (maybe I should mention that it's the first new car I've driven in more than 30 years) I know we all have different needs and wants, but IMO this is a fantastic automobile!