1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Walk Away the Pounds

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by marjflowers, Mar 21, 2007.

1. marjflowers

marjflowers New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Is anyone else out there in Priusland using Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds series for exercise? You can do it in front of your TV. The steps include marching in place, side-steps (harder than it sounds!), kicks, and knee lifts. While your legs are doing this, your arms are doing their own thing. It's a very good aerobic workout. Also, I use the DVD WATP for abs -- which is done with this belt contraption with bands to pull. That one's 3 miles. The first one has 1 mile with hand weights, superfast mile (9-10 minutes), 1 mile with the ab belt, another fast mile, and finally a mile with a stretchie band. The whole DVD, including cool down and stretching is 66 minutes, I think. Finally, I use Leslie Sansone's Walk Strong DVD. I figure you can do anything for 30 minutes! It alternates between 3 minutes of aerobic walking and 3 minutes of strength training (I use 3 lb. weights). This DVD is equivalent to 2 miles of brisk walking,

Anyway, I highly recommend this series, especially for former couch potatoes such as myself. The time goes by fast, and I really like not having to get dressed for an outdoor walk, plus it's a lot more challenging than simple brisk walking.

I'd love to hear from anyone out there who's familiar with this series.

Peace --

2. ohgreys

ohgreys New Member

I have the DVD set that has one mile, two mile, and three mile walks. It is a good DVD for me because I am terribly uncoordinated and traditional aerobics and kickboxing videos are impossible for me to follow. I can walk, though, so I can follow these. I also think they are good videos for people who are just getting into exercise because they are so simple to follow.

3. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Whatever works for you and keeps you exercising is great. I cannot follow aerobic instructors: I am too uncoordinated. What I do is watch a DVD in front of the treadmill as I walk hard uphill or jog on the level. Sometimes I watch a movie, but these days I mostly watch lectures from The Teaching Company. I've watched one on geology, one on the Dutch Masters (painters, not cigars :) ) and now astronomy. (When video is not required for a lecture series, I listen on my iPod at other times of the day.) Right now I cannot exercise, but will am very anxious to resume.

The DVDs you describe sound great for anyone that can do that stuff.