1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Wall Mart and toy Hummers

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by hdrygas, Nov 18, 2004.

1. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    :cussing: :guns: I just saw a TV ad for Wal Mart featuring a 5-6 year old boy in a Toy Hummer. Born to Drive a Hummer. Angles and Ministers of Faith preserve us. The final seen showed the young gas hog with his arm around an even younger future bimbo. I am appalled and heart broken. Exploiting children on so many levels including sexual exploitation. I am happy to say that I have been in only one Wall Mart and I left empty handed and have never been back. Boycott Wall Mart. :guns: :cussing: :cry: I will not move to Canada, I will stay and fight. We shall overcome! Peace
    PS I would like to see a Peace emoticon. Is that possible?

2. Tempus

Tempus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Walmart had piles of Radio Control Hummer toys in various configurations a while ago. I take it as a sign that they weren't selling elsewhere and needed to be clearanced :)

I considered getting one so I could take photos of it next to the Prius in the driveway to contrast with the usual picutres of Hummers next to Prii.

Then I was gonna run over it while making appropriate Monster Truck noises.

3. rflagg

rflagg Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tempus\";p=\"51515)</div>
    *lol* You do mean running over it *in electric mode* right? :)

4. Jeri

Jeri New Member

I always thought most Americans worshipped at Walmarts. Isn't that why their parking lots are full? : We watched Frontline once more, may have been an update, on Walmart "policies". Just affirmed why we don't shop there. If the price is less for you, someone else is paying the difference. Must feel great to some people to pay less knowing the enslaved made it possible.

5. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Here is the Wal-Mart link for the toy:
    http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp...duct_id=2620069

Here is the text:
    Your kids will rule the road with this awesome Hummer H2 battery-powered ride-on vehicle. Just like the real vehicle, it moves forward and reverses, has a chrome grille, classic yellow color, all-terrain tires and so much more! So hand your cruisin' kid the keys to a brand-new Hummer H2!

It should be noted that the toy Hummer is battery powered and therefore runs entirely in Stealth mode. I suppose it would be more realistic to build the toy Hummers with a two-stroke lawn mower engine.

6. bruceha_2000

bruceha_2000 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    The 1st 2 times I went in WalMart they didn't have what I wanted so I was not impressed. However, they are the only place I can find the stupid 9" round flourscent lights for my Lights of America ceiling fixture. All the other mfgs apparently use 8" or 10". Even Home Despot, where I BOUGHT it, doesn't carry them. I went across the huge parking lot to WalMart in desperation not expecting to find it there either after my prior experience.

Also, when I wanted to put in a drip watering system, none of the gardening shops nor Home Despot carried 'build your own design' parts. WalMart had a selection of connectors, valves, hose, etc. So I decided they aren't TOTALLY bad. :)

7. bruceha_2000

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TonyPSchaefer\";p=\"51533)</div>
    At least it is 100% clean ;-)
    Nah, the parents would complain too much about having to go to the gas station every time the kid drives 200 yards. :lol:
    They do recognize the limited "feet per watt" capacity: :)
    My kids have outgrown the hand-me-down pink Barbie Corvette. It only needed a (special of course) 6V battery, the H2 has a 12V. How VERY real world!

8. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I saw a second ad for this abomination... this time the manufacturer Little Tykes. This one included a pseudo Tibetan monk and a shot of Everest followed by a smiling mother cheering her kid on a assault of Everest. Damn. :cussing:

9. tag

tag Senior Member

The peace emoticon, so far. I think the color's okay. Still trying to get it a little rounder, though.

10. priusham

priusham New Member

Michigan - land of everlasting snowflake icon!
    ahhhh... OK....

11. Hytec

Hytec New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bruceha_2000\";p=\"51534)</div>
    Lowe's carries all components for the Mister drip watering system. It can be purchased from Lowe's online if your local store doesn't have it. I didn't realize that Wal-Mart carried it also, but then I guess I didn't care either..... :roll: :)

12. bruceha_2000

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Hytec\";p=\"51749)</div>
    Nice to know. They are building a Lowe's about 1/4 mile as the crow flies behind our house (as soon as they sort out the water runoff lawsuits).

The Wal-Mart is in a huge 'box store' shopping area that turned a main N-S road into a parking lot of it's own at times. The developer made road improvements that were needed to get the area up to the current needs at the time (ie BEFORE they put in all the stores). There are now 5 signals in 0.8 miles. Needless to say, it is a mess with the evening rush hour traffic backing up on to the interstate travel lane. Now the state is talking about spending $0.5 million to make the offramp 3 lanes wide.

Frankly, I think the developer should have been forced to make their own offramp that went only to the shopping center. And since they built on both sides of the main road, they should have an underpass between the two parts instead of two signaled intersections.

I try really hard never to buy anything there.

13. prius04

prius04 New Member

My wife is very non-political. She's been boycotting Walmart for years because of their affect on local small business.

So I started too. That was about a year ago. Since then, I've found out so much about them that I'm glad I did.

Now, if they had the only bulb for my fixture, I'd buy a new fixture.