1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

walmart, kmart, sears, target...

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by wedge40, Aug 11, 2008.

1. wedge40

wedge40 Waiting build character

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    All have better business practices than TOYOTA!!!!. I still dont understand how they can have a website that isn't up to date? Heck even updated would be nice. I've looked a Andy Mohr Toyota in Indianapolis for two weeks and they liste 16 Prii online. I happened to be coming back home from Michigan and took a detour to visit the dealership.. I drove around the lot and eventually stopped and asked salesman if they had any pris' on the lot. He said no there is a six month waiting list.. I then asked him why they have 16 listed on the web site and none on the lot. It was the same old excuse, they have no control over what gets posted to the web ( I doubt this cause the websites are all different), so they are NOT responsible for the updates. Why is that every other business can keep there inventory up to date, (thousands, THOUSANDS!!! of unique items) and Toyota can't manage to update a few vehicles per dealer ship.???
    Sorry for the rant, but if they aren't going keep the site(s) current then close em down.

Sorry for the rant, but the internet is a wonderful tool if used right.

Wedge :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

2. robbyr2

robbyr2 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I ran into much the same thing. However... Toyota doesn't own the dealerships. They can't be blamed for the website inventories listed by those dealerships. At the two I looked at while awaiting my Prius (most impatiently I might add), there are plenty of disclaimers to the effect that you can't expect to believe any of those vehicles are really there! I'm not so sure why the dealers are so far behind the curve, but it can only get better.

3. Dave_PH

Dave_PH New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Several dealers told me those were cars that were in the pipeline but already spoken for by people on the wait list.

4. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Sorry but your beef is with Andy.

But yes, it is irresponsible of them to have outdated inventory. Then again, it got you looking through their website so perhaps they are a little sluggish with the vehicles people will stick around to see, or call about, or visit the dealership.

But the dealership websites are individually maintained.

5. wedge40

wedge40 Waiting build character

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    That is true, it did get me to look around the web site, and now I know Andy Mohr is just another shyster looking to make the sale.

Wedge

6. N3FOL

N3FOL Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Your best chance is to give them a call and talk to a live person.

7. rigormortis

rigormortis Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    since sears and kmart are the same company perhaps you should rename the topic to walmart, sears holding corp, target

heh