1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Wanna see a hot car?

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by JackDodge, Jan 24, 2006.

1. JackDodge

JackDodge Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    No hybrid version :D but this car is so beautiful. Of course, I'd have to win the lottery to buy one. Still, a bit of a bright spot in the Ford doom and gloom.

Attached Files:

2. kDB

kDB New Member

3. 2Hybrids

2Hybrids New Member

4. SomervillePrius

SomervillePrius New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    It's funny,

I used to really love sports car but after driving the Prius and reading this and other sites gasoline engines feels so old. I think the shape is sexy but the technology so last century

5. JackDodge

JackDodge Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Hah hah. This looks like a photoshop opportunity :)

6. Davidius

Davidius New Member

When I went to pick up my Prius in November, the dealership had just received a GT40 in exactly that color. All the salesmen were drooling over it. My salesman told me that it's basically a bidding war between clients to see who gets it, with bids coming from all around the country.

It is a beautiful car and the shocking thing is its height -- the roof only reaches about waist high! Definitely not a hybrid version though --they don't even list the MPG on the sticker. If you have to ask the MPG, you can't afford the car, I suppose :p

Dave

7. 2Hybrids

2Hybrids New Member

you mean, like inserting penquins on it in little firefighter outfits? :lol:

8. JackDodge

JackDodge Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    There's an idea. Get little jackass penguins and make them look like a hit squad that had tracked down the dufus who stole Torgo or whatever his name was :lol: Actually, I was thinking of extracting the flames and using them for....um....other images but I'm not tipping my hand :)

9. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

For whatever reason, the local Ford dealership near where I work has one in their showroom. It's strange because it's a really small dealership tucked away in a small lot within a not so great part of town, with a crappy selection of Fords.

I walked in there about a month ago when I had my "truck urge" again, and there it was... I was like (in my best Keanu Reeves voice) "whoa!". Seeing it in person, there were two main observations I made:

1. How seriously "low" it is. I'm 6', and I swear, the roof is barely above my waist.

2. The weird switches on a flat portion of the dash. You know, those big-nice person aircraft-cockpit ones that stand out kind of like if someone had stuck a pen in the dash... It was high tech, yet retro...

10. KTPhil

KTPhil Active Member

"the shocking thing is its height -- the roof only reaches about waist high! "

A story I've heard (but haven't seen confirmation) is that the "40" in "GT-40" was chosen because that is the height of the car in inches.