1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Want a plug-in for the next Prius?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by ScottY, Feb 19, 2006.

1. ScottY

ScottY New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Many of you expressed desire for the next Prius to be a plug-in hybrid. Such that it can go on all electric for a certain range, and will operate as a "normal" Prius when you travel beyond that range.

I emailed Toyota, and following is the response,

Thank you for contacting Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc.

We appreciate your interest in the Prius.

Our vehicle's color mix, options, and equipment are based upon extensive market surveys and studies conducted by Toyota to identify what will be desirable to the consumer and our factory takes this market information into consideration when scheduling vehicle production.

Your comments about the Prius have been documented at our National Headquarters, where they remain available to the appropriate departments. We appreciate your input.

Thank you again for your interest!

Your email has been documented at our National Headquarters under file #xxxxxxxxxx. If we can be of further assistance, please feel free to contact us.

Customer Experience Center

So, if you guys want Toyota's attention about a plug-in Prius, email them!
    Here's the link http://toyota.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/toyota....Q9ZXY*&p_srch=1

2. joeh4

joeh4 New Member

3. ScottY

ScottY New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    a little bump.

4. Begreen

Begreen Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Already put a couple requests, comments in. We'll see if this is real or a dead email box.

5. darelldd

darelldd Prius is our Gas Guzzler

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I've been getting that (or similar) form letter for years. Haven't seen one of my brilliant ideas show up yet! The last time I asked for a PHEV, I was told that they had no intention of building one, thankyouverymuch.

6. ScottY

ScottY New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Yeah, I think that's a formal reply to whoever that request for new features on their cars. If more people request for the feature, and they collect the data, then more likely the feature will appear in the future model.