1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Want a Prius--Check ebay

Discussion in 'Private Sales' started by paprius4030, Nov 16, 2004.

1. paprius4030

paprius4030 My first Prius

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hey anybody who is looking for a 04 Prius, check ebay. Just saw one in Phoneix that seems reasonably priced with the reserve already met with only 7,000 something miles.

2. Charles Suitt

Charles Suitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    :) About buying on eBay Motors...

I bought my "slightly used" Prius on eBay Motors and am very satisfied in every way. It is worth noting that if you buy *USED* on eBay, you have protection (to $20K) on eBay for misrepresentation and "Buy Back" on a CarFAX Report for inaccuracies in their information. If you buy USED, by all means get the CarFAX Report..!! I have been active on eBay (Selling and Buying) for a couple of years with very good results.

My Prius had 4,500 miles on the odometer, and had been owned by a Toyota employee, was virtually new in every respect. It entailed a short flight and about 350 mile drive "home." My only "loss" was the IRS tax deduction since only the original owner gets it.

I also note that Dealers post on eBay, some at MSRP and others with the *GIG YOU* markups. In addition to the one I bought used, there were several others new, one at $5K *GIG* and another at MSRP. The driving distances varied from as little as 200 miles to over 1,500 miles.