1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Want to buy Torque Wrench and 6mm Hex Tool

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by starkeef, Feb 12, 2007.

1. starkeef

starkeef New Member

Anybody out there who bought the Prius Stiffening Plate and just has the torque wrench and hex tool sitting around?
    I'd be happy to buy them off you at half price, if they're just sitting around and you'd like to unload them.

2. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I didn't use the torque wrench. Just made sure it was snug but not overly tight. (I'm a woman so I was pretty sure I didn't have the upper body strength to really mess it up.) As for the hex tool, I have a multiple hex tool I bought for fixing my bicycle. One of the rods was the right size. I used that.

3. ilusnforc

ilusnforc Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I got a 1/2" drive Torque Wrench (the click type) when it was on sale at Craftsman, it's handy for rotating tires, I'm anal about lug torque because if it's not tight enough the lugs can back out and the wheels fall off or if it's too tight it can damage the hub. I don't trust those grease monkeys with that kind of responsibility, so I take about 30 minutes of my day once every 5,000 miles and do it myself with an oil change.