1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Want to return your recalled Toyota? Just crash it into the dealership (Video)

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by Danny, Feb 2, 2010.

1. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    A Baton Rouge, LA man tried to return his recalled Toyota Tundra that he bought last March. When the dealership offered to fix the truck and provide a loaner car until the car was fixed, but would not accept a return on the truck. The customer declined the offer and left the building. Police say that the customer then drove his truck into the side of the dealership, causing considerable damage to both the truck and the building. The customer claimed that, you guessed it, his accelerator became stuck and caused the crash. Police added the accelerator was not stuck when they examined the truck after the crash, but they could not find any evidence that the crash was intentional. The driver was not ticketed. I can't get the video to embed properly, so check it out here: WAFB News

2. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Probably saw a deer in the reflection.

Bob Wilson

3. vegasjetskier

vegasjetskier New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I want to see him explain that one to his insurance company. He'll probably be denied and wind up eating the repairs on the truck, if not the building also. LOL

4. adamace1

adamace1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Maybe some of you guys could help me out on a question. Say i was at a dealer and i was very unhappy on how i was being treated. Could i stand by the road, or maybe just slightly off their property and hold up a sign telling all that pass by about the dealer screwing me? Would the law protect me or the dealer? Would i be arrested or would the cops tell them to deal with it?

5. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I've seen this go both ways. I suppose it depends on your local laws, and exactly where and what you do to protest.

Tom

6. vegasjetskier

vegasjetskier New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    It depends on the location of the dealership. Some places allow it and some don't. I'd check with the local police department first.

7. Flying White Dutchman

Flying White Dutchman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    funny story.
    now lets see if its really the gas pedal or just ................

8. DeadPhish

DeadPhish Senior Member

Outer Banks of NC.. Retired to play golf and poker
    Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    A lady near us beat her VW Beetle to death and had it painted a hideous color with the words ...'LEMON'... all over it. On busy days she would drive around the store on the city streets blowing her horn when she passed that store.

In a lot of places you might have to get a permit to 'picket' and that permit might be turned down according to how powerful were the business interests in a given town. The CoC wants to hear nothing of anti-business sentiments of any kind.

If you picket you'e likely to be on either a) private property ( you very likely might be bitten by dogs ) or b) municipal property ( probably need a permit )

9. Doc Willie

Doc Willie Shuttlecraft Commander

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    People in the past have painted signs on their cars with the dealer's name on it. "This car is a lemon. Sold by ------ Cars."

10. PriusSport

PriusSport senior member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    He should move to Europe or Japan. The Toyotas over there don't have any problems.

11. Bob64

Bob64 Sapphire of the Blue Sky

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The driver claimed his accelerator stuck. Police didn't find the accelerator stuck when they examined it. They also didn't find any evidence the crash was intentional.

12. nascrlvr

nascrlvr nascrlvr

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    I bought my '09 Tacoma and '09 Prius from that dealership here in Baton Rouge. You don't twerk off these people down here......they take matters into their own hands!!!

13. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I've seen vinyl letters on the back of vehicles doing basically the same thing. I once saw an arrow pointing to the dealer's sticker and then the words, "sucks. Ask me."

14. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    How many remember the red "Hondas*cks" car of five years ago? I remember he would visit GreenHybrid and post photos of his car with various lamentations about the car and its performance.

Bob Wilson