1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Want to thank PatrickInDallas. Publicly and all.

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by TJandGENESIS, Oct 8, 2008.

1. TJandGENESIS

TJandGENESIS Are We Having Fun Yet?

★Lewisville, part of the Metroplex, Dallas, in the
    Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Okay, so I have this need for a new monitor for my Vista machine, because the one it had, just died, like, suddenly. I wrote in the DIN about it, and one of the DIN faithful, (and fellow PRIUS enthusiast), Patrick, wrote me. He had a spare monitor, a SAMSUNG SyncMaster 920wm
    [​IMG]
    Samsung 920WM 19-Inch Widescreen LCD Monitor
    See for yourself why this 19-inch Wide beauty from Samsung stops people in their tracks. If you’ve been using an ordinary monitor – perhaps even an extraordinary one – the difference will take your breath away. The spectacular SyncMaster 920WM takes digital imagery to an astonishing new level with its 700:1 contrast ratio, 1440 x 900 resolution, 0.285mm pixel pitch and 300-nit brightness. While video experts know those specs mean serious business, our delighted customers know they create startling new dimensions in shades, colors and detail. And the SyncMaster’s sizzling 5ms response rate gives you ghost-free, smooth-flowing video for DVDs and games. Slim design. Built-in power. Revolutionary performance.

Patrick is very generous, and I want to thank him here. He did not have to do anything like he did, but he did, and that is the sign of true friendship, and, being Christ like, you know, with the giving and all. Hope he doesn’t mind the comparison.

Again, thanks Patrick. That was super keen of you.

I guess this is how Pay It Forward works, since I have given stuff away in the past.

Attached Files:

2. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    That's pretty cool. Two questions:
    1. What's DIN?
    2. Is that your tricked-out Prius on the monitor?

3. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Very generous of you, Patrick. :clap2:

4. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    C'mon Tony. Just Google it! It's obviously the Deutsches Institut für Normung!

Geez! You'd think a moderator would know that by now!

:)

5. TJandGENESIS

TJandGENESIS Are We Having Fun Yet?

★Lewisville, part of the Metroplex, Dallas, in the
    Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    1. DIN is The DAILY IRISH NEWS, which is this newsletter I put out everyday to about 167,000 folks around the globe, of which Patrick is one of.
    2. That would be my Prius brother Boaz.

:D

6. halpos4

halpos4 "Taxi"!

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Initially i thought you where referring to Patrick Duffy who starred in Dallas[until i read the post]:p
    As for the DIN,were the headlines much the same as here in ROI,DOOM & GLOOM!!