1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

wanta be owner here

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by JustDrooling4Now, Aug 29, 2007.

1. JustDrooling4Now

JustDrooling4Now New Member

Hi everyone
    I just wanted to say hi and say I am looking forward to reading your posts. I am looking forward to your wisdom and good advice. I am in the market for my dream car and I think I found her when I test drove a Prius Tuesday. I have heard how great gas milage they get but no one ever said anything about how awsome this car really drives! :) Can't tell Iam in love can yea. :) LOL
    Yes with my husband too! But this car! Anyway I could go on and on.
    I am looking at a 2007 model. But kinda holding off to see if I can find a better buy. They want 24,000.00
    for the car I test drove. Wondering if they will come down on that price of 2007 prius the closer it gets to the end of the year. I hope they won't sell out before then.
    Any tips would be of great help.
    I have never bought a new car this will be my first.
    I don't want to be taken to the cleaners.
    I just want a good deal on a great car! :)
    So lay it on me.
    I need info.
    Just drooling 4 Now

2. a priori

a priori Canonus Curiosus

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JustDrooling4Now @ Aug 29 2007, 10:18 PM) [snapback]504129[/snapback]</div>
    If you give the name and number of the dealer, as well as directions, you may have plenty of midwesterners flying to Birmingham this weekend to pick up the car -- at MSRP!

If you were in CA, then you'd have some time to negotiate for price and even find the car with your color and package of choice. In your area, you may need to take what you can get. Truly, it looks like location is key right now. I don't know whether you can find a 2007 anywhere in the upper midwest that isn't already spoken for. The dealers in this area have been taken names for 2008s for more than a month.

For price and option issues, try to look locally -- ask people from Alabama, Mississippi and Tennessee (even north Georgia) about availability and deals.

I would love to have paid less, but I was absolutely thrilled to pay MSRP (less econosavings and a $1,000 State rebate and with some throw-in extras) to get the car I wanted. I ordered and waited. Even so, I couldn't find new cars in stock this summer in the entire Chicago area (other than a couple of #2 packages).

I wish you the best. You are about to get a great car and a great experience. Stick with PriusChat and you'll learn a lot from the senior posters. They not only have incredible knowledge, but they have what appears to be limitless patience in dealing with us rookies!