1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

WANTED: 2005 Prius (New) in California State at MSRP

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by Mohaveric, Dec 17, 2004.

1. Mohaveric

Mohaveric New Member

Serious buyer interested in a new 2005 or 2004 Prius in California State (preferable in SoCal area) at MSRP.

* Millennium Silver/Burgundy
    * Basic Model

Ready to travel and buy fast. Buyer will pay in cash.

Thank you!

2. supermacxx

supermacxx New Member

Mohaveric,

I just purchased (on 12/22) a 2005 Prius package 6, Burgundy from Toyota of Hollywood in Los Angeles. I first went there the day before Thanksgiving. They wanted me to leave a $1,000 deposit and get on a waiting list...I wouldn't; but told them that I was a serious buyer and that if they called me when they had one available, I would come in immediately to purchase it. I would call them each week to find out if they had one available. When I called on Wednesday, 12/22, they told me that they had gotten some in but that they had to go down their "waiting list." Later that afternoon, they called to tell me they had one available.

They charged me MSRP, but you have to select 2 additional options from a list; e.g., Tinted Windows, Leather Seats, Wood Trim, etc. I added 3 options because that's what I wanted. The prices for these options are probably a little inflated, but at least you're getting something. If I remember correctly, the lowest 2 options add up to less than $1,000.

I was very happy with the whole process. I dealt with Ricky and Willie...they were very straight forward; didn't try to SELL it to me...I hate that cause I know what I want. The number is 323-467-6161. Ask for them and tell them that Kevin sent you...I made good friends with these guys!

3. BobA

BobA New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Mohaveric, I'd go to Toyota.com and build the Prius that I wanted and ask for dealers to contact you... I found here in the Denver area that all the dealers got back to me within a matter of hours/days.. each dealer told the availability. deposit... and answered all the questions that I asked... in your case, not knowing where in CA you are.. I'd pick zip codes for large areas like LA.. Bay Area.. then look at the valley... places like Merced, Stockton, Blythe, and Bishop seem to have cars when others don't.... I think that the internet managers seem to be more on top of it than the salesman who picks up the phone or runs out to greet you at your car.. and home is warmer (oh yeah, you're in CA) ... look at cars.com as well for dealers and even on eBay ...these last two are just for dealers names, and using a search, you can contact the I.M.
    Just a thought good luck in your search

Bob Andersen

4. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(supermacxx\";p=\"59806)</div>
    I am sorry, but being forced to buy unwanted dealer installed accessories at highly inflated markups is not being charged MSRP.