1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

WANTED: Friend(s) for Hybridfest 2008 Trip

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by TheForce, Mar 10, 2008.

1. TheForce

TheForce Stop War! Lets Rave! Make Love!

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm planning my trip to Hybridfest a little early this year in hope that I can either get a few people to meet me at Cedar Point and Kings Island so I don't have to ride alone again and or just bum a free ride to Hybridfest.

Here is my plan. As long as there is a less than %50 chance of rain I will be planning to go to Cedar Point on Wednesday July 16 on my way to Hybridfest and Kings Island on Tuesday July 22 on my way home from Hybridfest. If there is more than a %50 chance of rain on Wednesday I will just leave Thursday and head straight for Madison. If there is more than a %50 chance of rain Tuesday I will just head straight home Monday.

I'm a strict coaster rider and thats about it. I usually ride the spin a puke rides after I have ridden all the coasters but in parks like CP and KI its hard to get to ride all the coasters in one day. I plan on getting rooms for four people so that we could share the cost of the room. No expensive rooms just some good cheap ones. Like a Best Western or something. Of course I will be getting a room at the Clarion in Madison for Hybridfest.

I live in Wheelersburg Ohio which is straight down from Cedar Point/Columbus near the tip of southern Ohio. So if I plan to go to CP on Wednesday I could pick up anyone near 23 and 71. On my way home I will be taking a straight shot from Madison to Cincinnati. Since I plan on leaving KI Tuesday night and head straight home and I picked you up somewhere on my trip to Madison you may need to either find another way home or if you live around Dayton or Columbus I could make a detour before I head home. Just as long as its not to far out of my way.

Anyone is welcome to to either bum a ride to Hybridfest or meet me at Cedar Point and Kings Island. Hot single women between 21 and 30 are preferred and will get first priority. :D

I will continue to update this post if any information changes.

Current schedule...

July

16 – Cedar Point
    17 – Drive to Madison
    18 – MPG Challenge
    19 – Hybridfest
    20 – Hybridfest
    21 – Drive to hotel near Kings Island
    22 – Kings Island and drive home

I will also like a navigator for the MPG challenge on July 18th. Anyone interested?

I posted this on cleanmpg.com also in hope to get some people interested.

2. NoMoShocks

NoMoShocks Electrical Engineer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I would love to keep you company. Any chance you could drop by Portland, OR a few days earlier and pick me up?

3. TheForce

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I dont think I have that kind of time. If I had maybe another week off I would tour all 48 states or someting on my way to Hybridfest.

4. hobbit

hobbit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Wow, I haven't actually been on a coaster in quite a while. Nice
    idea, I'll keep it in mind. I don't meet the other criteria,
    however ... [waitasec, I thought you were married??!] but still,
    given where I'm coming from, I think of where *you* are as next
    door to Madison!
    I'm definitely noodling the idea of an extended-ish roadtrip
    [or more than one] this summer anyways, incorporating hybridfest
    and if I got reeeealy enterprising, perhaps much farther west.
    Seems like I should get all this newfound wanderlust over and done
    with before it becomes politically and financially impractical.
    _H*

5. TheForce

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    No I'm not married. Still looking for the right girl. Compared to where your from I guess I am next door to Madison. :) It would be great if we could meet up at CP or KI. Since you have not been on a coaster in a while we could start you out on Top Thrill Dragster. ;)

6. TheForce

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Since Hybridfest registration is now open I have reserved hotel rooms for my trip.

Cedar Point on July 16th and staying at the Days Inn 2 beds.
    Hybridfest July 17-20th Days Inn 2 beds.
    Kings Island July 21st Days Inn 2 beds.
    Will go to Kings Island on the 22nd and will head home that night.

I still may cancel the Cedar Point and Kings Island stops if I see there is a good chance of rain those days.

7. sophia_frederika

sophia_frederika New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Oh, I was all set to volunteer...but i'm too old. I suppose i'll stay home and :washing: instead.

8. TheForce

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Well I did say "preferred". Does not mean you still cant come along. ;)

9. TheForce

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I should add that I'll pay for gas and hotel rooms are paid for. If anyone wants to come along your free to stay for free or donate some money to help pay for the cost. You will have to buy your own tickets for the parks though.

10. TheForce

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    My parents decided to go with me again this year so the hotel room is taken and there's no room in the Prius for more passengers.

There will be a slight change of plans for the stops at CP and PKI. I would like to eliminate one of the parks. I would like to eliminate PKI since its only about a 2 hour drive from where I live. I can easily go to PKI and come back home in a day but CP would require two days to go up and come back.

So What I have planned is to watch the weather and if it looks like a clear day for CP I will go to CP and cancel my trip to PKI. If there is a %50 chance of rain or more for CP on July 16th I will cancel my CP trip and try to make it to PKI on July 22nd. And if it looks like rain for PKI then I will just cancel the whole thing.

If anyone wants to caravan on the way to Hybridfest we could always meet somewhere and as I said before we can always meet at one of the parks.

Even if you not going to Hybridfest and will be near one of the parks your welcome to meet me somewhere and we can ride rides and talk hybrids. :) I hate riding alone. Well its more like hating to stand in line alone with no one to talk to.

11. TheForce

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The 10 day forecast shows a nice sunny day for July 16th in the Cedar Point area. I'll think I will wait and see what the forecast is like on Friday July 11 and decide then if I should go or not.

12. TheForce

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Well it looks like sunny days all around Wednesday so I'm definitely going to Cedar Point on the 16th. I have canceled my trip to Kings Island.

So does anyone want to meet me at Cedar Point on the 16th? Please let me know ASAP!

13. TheForce

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I want to thank Hobbit for joining me at the park. It was really great fun. It was a lot better to have someone to talk to and ride with than it was to just go alone like last year. We got to ride all the major coasters.

Coasters ridden..
    Blue Streak
    Corkscrew
    Disaster Transport
    Gemini
    Iron Dragon
    Magnum XL-200
    Mantis
    Maverick
    Mean Streak
    Millennium Force
    Raptor - Twice. Once when entering the park and once as the last ride of the day.
    Top Thrill Dragster
    Wicked Twister - I thought I would not like this one but it turned out to be really fun plus the wait was not too long. I wish I rode it last year now. :(

Coaster not ridden.. :(
    Wildcat - Did not have time to ride it because of Top Thrill breaking down. If it was not for that I think we could have gotten on this one.
    Woodstock Express - Too tall to ride and or did not have a kid to take on the ride. :(
    Cedar Creek Mine Ride - Ride was down all day. Could have made it on this if it was open because this one never has a long line. :(
    Jr. Gemini - Too tall to ride and or did not have a kid to take on the ride. :(

Thanks again for going Hobbit! :cheer2:

14. hobbit

hobbit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    It was a great, albeit fairly hot, day in the park. The "top thrill
    dragster" is the ultimate pulse-n-glide machine -- basically a
    rail gun you sit on, which fires you up over the arched track
    that I think is the tallest thing in the park ... and then on
    the backside where you get all the speed again, they WASTE that
    glide by basically braking abruptly to a halt! You can see the
    heat shimmer coming off the aluminum induction-motor plates
    between runs as you're waiting in the cattle chute.
    CP has done a really nice job on the park, and clearly keeps
    itself in the running for the ongoing "we've got the biggest
    coaster in <geographical boundary>" that several of the big ones
    participate in. You can actually get a flavor for the features
    of each one by reading the park's safety PDF about them.
    _H*