1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Wanted: Google search box for PC

Discussion in 'PriusChat Website Questions' started by jiepsie, Jul 31, 2007.

1. jiepsie

jiepsie New Member

I find the search feature of PriusChat rather slow and limited, I normally use Google to search the forums. They're pretty well indexed by Google. Why not have a Google search box on the site, one that only searches within the site or even a particular forum? It might take some load off the PriusChat servers, and you get all the Google search capabilities for free (such as searching for a phrase).

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    We used to have that, but it got amputated by one of the site crashes and never grew back.

But I agree, I've almost given up completely with the PC search and just go to Google, use the "Advanced" option and search only Priuschat domain for what I want.

3. jiepsie

jiepsie New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Jul 31 2007, 09:15 AM) [snapback]487898[/snapback]</div>
    Tip: you can do that without going to "advanced", by typing site:priuschat.com <some words or phrase> in the main Google search box, or your favorite Google search add-on.