1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

wanted phoenix experiences of dealerships!! any suggestions

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by lucalou, Jul 25, 2005.

1. lucalou

lucalou New Member

I am doing my research and trying to decide on new 2005 from dealership or private 2004 or 2005, any experiences here in Phoenix and which dealership gives the best deal. Thanks in advance, glad to find you guys

2. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Re: wanted phoenix experiences of dealerships!! any suggesti

If you buy new from dealer you get tax rebate for 2005.

If you buy used....you don't.

3. lucalou

lucalou New Member

thank you, is there a big difference in the 2004 and the 2005.? anyone had anyluck dealing with online negotiating rather than goig into the dealerships, I hate going there as I never feel anyone is telling the truth!

4. hawkjm73

hawkjm73 New Member

I had an agreeable time with Avondale Toyota (at the 101 and 99th ave). They said up front they are a no-haggle dealership, and charged MSRP. I found the salesman to be rather lacking in info on the geek factors of the Prius, but I didn't really expect him to know much beyond the basics. It was much more fun to learn all the cool stuff for myself anyway. They also tend to actually have a few in stock. (I just walked onto the lot one day and picked one out 8) ) They were very easy to work with, but then again, I already had my mind made up to buy my Prius. I never felt pressured to a specific package or hurried while I dwadled making my choice. Above all, they are about three miles from my house when I go in for service (all of once, so far, for my first oil change) Their service prices are a bit high, I think, but probably dealer average. They gave three free oil changes with the car. (That is just the oil, the other routine stuff costs a bit more) I think the whole regular 5000 mile service is about $50.

5. Armature

Armature New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius

I worked with a broker and the experience was so positive I doubt I'll deal directly with a dealer again. The broker works with virtually all the local dealers and finds the best deal available at the time.

In my case this was MSRP, no premium, and a wait time of 5 days. He was able to set up a test drive and then offer a choice of option packages and colors. I reserved mine while it was still on the ship approaching Los Angeles.

The broker is Centennial Sales & Leasing in Tempe. I worked with Chad Pace, who specializes in Toyota.

6. craigcush

craigcush Member

I had horrible experiences at the 3 dealers I tried in Tempe and phoenix area. So I tried the dealer in Flagstaff, Bob Sellers, and ended up with a #6 (wanted a #3 or 4) for $1000 UNDER msrp! Nice salesman, Bernie something.
    And they delivered it to me at my house in Sedona!
    Service dept. did more damage than good but fixed in the end. Parts dept overpriced a broken taillight at $230 when Bell road had at $177 and online at $150 (dealer cost is around 80).
    But the sales experience was great!

Craig
    4000 smiles and counting