1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

For Trade Wanting to trade for a Prius: I have a 05' Saab 9-2x/Subaru Impreza WRX

Discussion in 'Private Sales' started by kirbykirb, Apr 22, 2012.

1. kirbykirb

kirbykirb New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Well, to keep things short (and hopefully still be within the mods good graces!): I'm looking to see if anyone would be interested in trading their Gen II prius for my Saab 9-2x.

The saab 9-2x is a fun car, it is really a Subaru Impreza WRX of the same year, the vin number is identical to an Impreza, it was manufactured in Japan alongside it's true branded brand.

More information can be had at these two wikis!:
    Saab 9-2X - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Subaru Impreza WRX - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

My saab is an Aero, it is turbocharged, automatic, hatchback. It has a clean florida title in my name, no lien and is ready to be transferred. It currently sits at 99,550 miles on it, so right under 100k. It is also AWD.

It has a few cosmetic woes from parking lots, there is some paint damage on the lower bumper (flaked by the fog lights), side skirt needs to be replaced and a few dings. Maintainence is up to date, but it has a major one coming up at 105K as indicated in the owners manual.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. cnschult

cnschult Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    that's a really nice car, I almost bought one new when they were running $7 to $8 thousand dollars off msrp which was a great deal for a "saabaru" then there was the added bonus of being able to service it at a Subaru dealership which would be cheaper than servicing it at a saab dealership.

I think it definitely looks better than an Impreza of the same year, and since its not a subaru you don't have to put a "Must Love Dogs" bumper sticker on it. But I then discovered that winter tires + FWD = better winter traction than AWD + all season tires.

Is it really 90 degrees in Florida right now?

3. kirbykirb

kirbykirb New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes, it's been to hot lately. Going to make for a fun summer!!! Hurricanes!!

It's an amazing car, but I never use the car to it's potential. Being a flat four turbo it's fast and the third party/after market support for it is simply amazing. NASIOC is the leading forum for this car, but to me it's just not needed. I don't need a turbo, I don't need AWD. I've been driving my 20yr old NA miata tons more then this car! If anything it's been serving as a backup. But I also have access to an Subie outback and Chrysler 300C which makes having this one just asset consumerism :rolleyes:.

So that's why there could be a prius owner that would want something more-- and maybe they'd decide my car would the answer and would entertain a swap!

It is the complete opposite of a prius though! Turbo, Flat four, AWD, Traditional automatic transmission with gears! 3 differentials, dial gauges!

4. dustoff003

dustoff003 Blizzard Brigade #003

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    The Saab 9-2x was my car prior to me getting my Prius.

Posted from my iPhone via the Tapatalk app.

1 person likes this.
  5. cnschult

cnschult Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Flat four? I thought all subaru made were "boxer" engines, whatever that means? Apparently its really good as Toyota is putting the subaru boxer engine into that new RWD sports car that they are collaborating on. I drive 15K miles a year so it makes sense for me to have a FWD car with a summer and winter tire setup. My mother on the other hand only drives 8K miles a year so it made more sense for her to go with an AWD so I bought her the new Forester. She didn't like it at first because she couldn't get 2 sets of golf clubs flat on the trunk like her RX as there is this new obsession with automakers to maximize rear seat leg room and steal from trunk space. Then consumer reports named it #1 small SUV to buy based on price, resale, reliability, etc so now she loves it.

Yes I think AWD is a waste of money in the south. You have to pay extra to buy it, you have to pay extra to insure the extra components, you have to pay extra for more maintenance such as differentials, then you have to pay more for gas as it uses more gas than its non AWD counterpart, usually only 1mpg. If I lived where you lived I would buy a RWD car and never look back!!!

6. kirbykirb

kirbykirb New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Flat four and boxer are the same thing. Flat four comes from VAG/Audi/Porsche & aircraft terminology.

Flat-four engine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    [ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boxer_engine]Flat engine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Boxer is the generic word meaning the engine type (since the pistons are personified as if it was a professional boxer throwing repeated punches!) Volkswagen used to use air cooled flat four, Porsches the same and now with water cooled flat six.

And hehe, I bought a RWD car! A cute lil miata which put this beast into hibernation, and now I'm looking for when I need to carry human cargo!

7. cnschult

cnschult Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I really like the 2008-2009 miata, that's when they started adding HID headlamps to "Grand Touring" models but after that Mazda started putting silly smiley grilles on their cars. The smile is supposed to be on the drivers face Zoom Zoom, not the face of the car!!!

Other companies who have their style designs peaked years ago include Audi, BWM, Mercedes and Acura. They've all gone ugly in the past few years.

8. kirbykirb

kirbykirb New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    They have, it's quite depressing. The E36 M3 was a beautiful car, the Z3 was to. In Mercedes world; it was the round headlights, beautiful.

9. cnschult

cnschult Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I agree the round headlights is when Mercedes styling peaked but I disagree about the Bimmers. I prefer the classic look of the E30 M3, but I even like the look of the E30 325 as well, I'm checking craigslist weekly for an E46 M3 coupe 6-speed, Unlike the E36 the E46 offered HID headlamps and dual exhaust, which are a must for me. Then there are the BMW supercars, take the classic M1 which I loved, and then the Z8, designed by henrik Fisker who also designed the DB9, V8 vantage and Fisker Karma. Fisker has probably designed 4 of the 8 best looking cars in the MODERN auto era. The only modern car I find more attractive is the Alfa Romeo 8C (red competezionne or white spyder!!). But I don't just like supercars, there are some beautiful normal cars I love as well: Alfa Romeo Brera & VW Scirocco, neither of which are sold in America.

10. kirbykirb

kirbykirb New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The Z8 is simply amazing, and used retail for one is extravagant! I love how it was designed different from the norm and still even a decade later+ looks as if it could be brand new....

I had the luck of catching one the other day driving through a residential area, it really is amazing.

11. cnschult

cnschult Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    too bad every Z8 I've ever seen was boring silver, it looks great in Topaz blue, I believe that like the 507 it played homage too, it was designed to be timeless and will look good a century from now.

12. kirbykirb

kirbykirb New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    So true, makes one wonder about the mass produced consumer cars-- like the volkswagen beetle. Abundant decades ago, now whenever you see one you can't help but stare. :D

I wonder if by 2050, corollas would be popular like that.