1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Wants to change shock breaker for prius model 2007

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by rakuga, Jul 8, 2012.

1. rakuga

rakuga New Member

Dear All,

I have 2007 model prius origin from Japan
    Anyway I live in Indonesia

Lately I noticed that my Prius when confronted with holes (which is a lot anyway in Indonesia) is producing a lot of interior sounds
    My hunch told me it might be because that the shock breaker isn't functioning as it should, so I wanted to go to repair shop to get new shock breaker
    But, since its a new technology car, and knowing the flywheel technology which is the parts responsible for
    Generates electricity which is stored in a large bank of batt​
    eries when the wheel is turning ​

I wanted to ask to all you guys if it will be problematic if I change my shock breaker with a different brand (non toyota) brand?
    Which brand or model will will you recommend for my car model?
    I wanted to make my car be as tall as cruise prius ;as I experienced that for current height it is still not confortable when confronting with holes on the street

Thank you all before
    Sorry for if there's any mispronounce or miss type

Ronald

2. vertex

vertex Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Monroe & KYB both make good shock absorbers struts for this car. Ride height gets you into suspension travel issues if you put in higher springs. Best bet may be to go to taller tires. The standard tire is 185/65/15. You could go to a wider tire, say 195 or 205 at 65 or better 75 profile, but clearance will increase 1 cm to 2 cm depending on your choice. The spedometer speed will also read lower depending on the tire you pick.