1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Warning From Pakistan

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by hycamguy07, Aug 16, 2006.

1. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    This just in..

This morning, from a cave somewhere in Pakistan, Taliban Minister of
    Migration, Mohammed Omar, warned the United States that if military
    action against Iraq continues, Taliban authorities will cut off
    America's supply of convenience store managers. And if this action
    does not yield sufficient results, cab drivers will be next, followed by
    Dell customer service reps.

It's getting ugly.

2. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Not until I get my new laptop battery!!

3. NorwoodIV

NorwoodIV New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusguy04 @ Aug 16 2006, 05:21 PM) [snapback]304338[/snapback]</div>
    Geez, I hope they keep the Citibank help desk intact. Crap. This IS bad news.

4. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TonyPSchaefer @ Aug 16 2006, 06:26 PM) [snapback]304339[/snapback]</div>
    Funny, but I ordered a brand new Dell Laptop this morning (using my Airplane-hitting-the-house-Honey-what-are-the-odds-of-2-planes-hitting-the-house-We'll-take-it!-World-According-To-Garp logic)

Anyway, the shipping estimate given to me this AM upon ordering was Thursday, 8/24 -- 8 days to assemble and ship. However, I've been watching the Dell Order tracking screen all day, and the laptop has been through every phase but boxing/shipping! 11 hours and the thing is almost shipping! The folks at the manufacturing plant must be very slow today..... I should have waited another day and gotten the 2-for-1 sale they will be having this weekend...

5. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    A racist or ethnic joke such as this is still offensive, regardless of any lame denials to the contrary.

6. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IsrAmeriPrius @ Aug 16 2006, 07:52 PM) [snapback]304369[/snapback]</div>
    Ahh yes no humorus posting would be complete without Mr. IsrGloom rearing his everthing is offensive head.. Quick lets all forget this post and bury our heads in the sand.. :lol: :rolleyes: :lol:

You all have had some really funny come backs to this one! :lol: :lol: :lol:

7. withersea

withersea DNF is better than DNS

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Yeah- what Priusguy said- lighten up. Ya gotta laugh at yourself and the absurdness of others sometimes. Now- how about some old, fat, white guy jokes! Or maybe some " what do you call a man with no arms and legs jokes.

in a pool?
    in a fireplace?
    in a pile of leaves?
    at the beach?

8. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(withersea @ Aug 16 2006, 09:27 PM) [snapback]304418[/snapback]</div>
    :lol: :lol: :lol:

in a pool? bob
    I dont know the others.. :(

I have to say I recieved this one and had to stop and think, & think some more.. :blink: :huh: :unsure: :rolleyes:

Made In America:
    John Doe started the day early having set his alarm clock (MADE IN JAPAN) for 6am. While his coffeepot! ( MADE IN CHINA) was perking, he shaved with his electric razor (MADE IN HONG KONG). He put on a dress shirt (MADE IN SRI LANKA), designer jeans (MADE IN SINGAPORE) and tennis shoes (MADE IN KOREA). After cooking his breakfast in his new electric skillet (MADE IN INDIA), he sat down with his calculator (MADE IN MEXICO) to see how much he could spend today. After setting his watch (MADE IN TAIWAN) to the radio (MADE IN INDIA) he got in his car (MADE IN GERMANY), filled it with GAS from Saudi Arabia, and continued his search for a good paying AMERICAN JOB. At the end of yet another discouraging and fruitless day checking his Computer (Made In Malaysia), John decided to relax for a while. He put on his sandals (MADE IN BRAZIL), poured himself a glass of wine (MADE IN FRANCE), and turned on his TV (MADE IN INDONESIA), and then wondered why he can't find a good paying job in.. AMERICA.....

What exactly is American Made? so many things say they are American made but are they really? :unsure:

LOL Withersea,

Ive not heard of those russel , bernie & sandy. ROFLAMO!

9. withersea

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(withersea @ Aug 16 2006, 09:27 PM) [snapback]304418[/snapback]</div>

10. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IsrAmeriPrius @ Aug 16 2006, 07:52 PM) [snapback]304369[/snapback]</div>
    Hey, remember this little comic you posted within another thread?

I do not know, this could easily be construed as racist or ethnic humor...: The way it's drawn, sort of the "typical shady Arab" thing going, plus, it pokes dark humor at the innocent civillians killed. I'm sure you'd be quite pissed off if instead of the "typical Arab" illustrated, a "typical Jew" was illustrated with a long, sharp nose and "beady" eyes...

[​IMG]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusguy04 @ Aug 16 2006, 06:21 PM) [snapback]304338[/snapback]</div>

LMAO!!!

We're F'D!!!!

11. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Aug 16 2006, 09:18 PM) [snapback]304489[/snapback]</div>
    Are too challenged to tell the difference between an editorial political cartoon featuring the leader of Hezbollah, Hassan Nasrallah, and an ethnic racist joke denigrating law abiding citizens?

[​IMG]

Sad. But then, what should one expect from a Hitler admirer.

12. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IsrAmeriPrius @ Aug 17 2006, 12:54 AM) [snapback]304514[/snapback]</div>
    BTW, you're full of it. The comic clearly exaggerates his facial features into that of a typical "shady Arab", which is ethnic, AND racist (nice hedge on the "law abiding" :rolleyes: )...

Hmm, so how would you feel if I found an editorial cartoon with equally exaggerated facial features featuring THIS GUY:

Suddenly, it's not so funny is it? Dude, YOU are like the MOST racist person on this site.

[​IMG]

13. andrewgs

andrewgs I Pity Da Foo!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusguy04 @ Aug 16 2006, 09:06 PM) [snapback]304429[/snapback]</div>
    He has a Japanese alarm clock? Wow, must be a classic.

My truck, my two cars, one of my old Compaq computers (built 10 miles from my home out of Asian components), a set of drinking glasses, an old Kyocera cell phone, a couple of my vintage CB and HAM radios... that's about all I can think of that I currently have that was made in America.

14. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    :p<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Aug 17 2006, 12:58 AM) [snapback]304515[/snapback]</div>
    Man thats one shady lookin dude!

Darn MS you beat me to the same conclusion that he is truly one of the most NEGATIVE person(s) on the site... ;)

I really think IsrAmeriPrius just hates everyone and everything equally so he cant be labeled anything other than grumpy.. :lol: :p :D

15. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Wait wait!
    I know more than a hundred blonde jokes, dozens of Catholic jokes, and a friend used to tell a bunch of jokes about ADHD but I never stuck around for the punch lines. When I was in college, a friend and I founded and ran the "University Procrastinist Club." We were going to advertise, have meetings and social events but we just never got around to it. Similarly, I went door to door trying to raise fund for Apathy Awareness but just couldn't find anyone who really cared that much. So I took up the cause of trying to create an Empathy Awareness week.

I learned to make fun of myself a long time ago because everyone else got mad when I made fun of them. :D

16. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(AndrewGS @ Aug 16 2006, 10:09 PM) [snapback]304519[/snapback]</div>
    I had a ham radio built in America (a TenTec) and many years ago at a small-town general store I could buy Oshkosk jeans. But most of the stuff at the beginning of your list was only assembled in America. That hardly counts. Or at best half-way.

I'd rather buy American and I'll pay more for American-made, providing the quality is equal or better. But I can't think of much of anything that is. Locally-grown food (which I always buy in preference to shipped-in) is about all there is anymore.

17. withersea

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TonyPSchaefer @ Aug 17 2006, 09:55 AM) [snapback]304618[/snapback]</div>

Hilarious!