1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Warning: Incorrect part listed

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by xxxlmpg, Jun 9, 2006.

1. xxxlmpg

xxxlmpg New Member

On Monday I ordered the rear bomper protector from www.1sttoyotaparts.com. They had the description and picture of the black rubber protector. Box arrived today containing the clear plastic protector (about 2mm thick). I called them and they said it was the only thing they had in stock, and that they do not sell the black rubber protector. The guy could not even access his own site, saying it was the "internet guys" who did everything and there was nothing he could do about it. Only option was a refund. He couldn't even tell me if they could fix the site, since he didn't know the "internet guys."

2. mike_m

mike_m New Member

Same thing happened to me at Central Florida Toyota. When I went in to pick it up they brought a protector that looked like a decal. I gave it back to them, and they are getting me the correct one. I even saw a picture of it on their computer. I knew something was wrong when the bill was $67.00. The correct one is only $32. Good luck.

3. BoosPrius

BoosPrius New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(xxxlmpg @ Jun 9 2006, 08:37 PM) [snapback]268957[/snapback]</div>

Had a similar experience, tho with my Toyota dealer. I ordered a bumper protector, thinking it would be a black rubber one like you see on many vehicles. What arrived however was a transparent thing that looked like a decal. So I sent it back and instead ordered the bumper protector for the Corolla, which fits perfect on a Prius.

Gary

4. volkl

volkl Junior Member

Same thing happened to me.

Thin thing was $54.

Told the dealership I wanted a rear protector for a Matrix, instead.

Don't know if I will even pick it up.

Yahtzee!