1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Warning indicators on MFD?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by gs1561, Dec 23, 2006.

1. gs1561

gs1561 New Member

[attachmentid=5988]
    I just picked up my new 2007 last week. In the owners manual it shows a picture of warning indicators on the MFD (low oil pressure, battery, etc.) when the power button is pressed twice without foot on brake. I get all the warning light test on the dash but those warning indicators don't show up on the MFD. Is this normal?
    I attached manual page scan.

Attached Files:

2. tumbleweed

tumbleweed Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    It sounds like it works just as my '05 does. Good on you for reading the manual you will be surprised at how many new owners don't even open the cover. Welcome to Priuschat.

3. KMO

KMO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    The dashboard warning lights come on to allow you to check the bulbs are working. There is no point showing any warning lights on the screen - you can already see if the screen works or not...

4. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    If you see these things on the MFD it is Bad, Very Bad. Like crossing the streams in Ghost Busters. The other lights on the Dash is to let you know everything is working. They turn off shortly after hitting the on button and getting into ready condition.