1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Warning lights after bearing change

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Pdaddy, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Pdaddy

Pdaddy Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Had my second rear wheel bearing hub replaced by my mechanic, but this time I am getting warning lights including slip, brake and and abs, and brake regen is off. My mechanic said he could not clear it and that it should go off with a couple of days of driving. Is this correct?

It has been a day and I will be taking a 14 hr round trip next week so would like to get it corrected if needed.

SM-G920V ?

2. Raytheeagle

Raytheeagle Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Did the mechanic tell you what codes were displayed?

Did he try disconnecting the 12 volt battery and clear the codes that way?

I’d want to know the cause of the issue before I took a 14 hour road trip.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Grit likes this.
  3. Pdaddy

Pdaddy Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I took it back after 4 days and the shop owner found that the mechanic did not push the sensor all the way down on the post. I had asked him to check it and also make sure the sensor was clean since I read on a post that could be a problem too. All fixed.

Raytheeagle and bisco like this.
  4. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I just said it a week ago but I'll say it again in hope the word gets around: there is a whole sensor test procedure programmed into the brake ECU, and all of the procedures in the manual that involve the hub bearings or speed sensors in any way end with a step that tells you to run the sensor test procedure. You can start the procedure with Techstream, or with a short piece of wire. There should be no excuse for a Prius to leave any shop where such work was done without the proper sensor function being confirmed.

-Chap