1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Warning lights came on while traveling.

Discussion in 'Generation 1 Prius Discussion' started by shane1969, Aug 11, 2012.

1. shane1969

shane1969 New Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    One
    I was driving at 60 mph and the master warning light came on can anyone give me any help with what may have caused this.

bwilson4web likes this.
  2. Avi's Advanced Automotive

Avi's Advanced Automotive Independent hybrid repair shop

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    The most common thing is the inverter water pump. You can look and see if the coolant in the inverter is moving around. I'm sure there are many threads on how to do this. Other then that we will need diagnostic codes.

3. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    What other warning lights appeared besides the red triangle master warning light?

If that is the only light that came on, then it is hard to say what the problem is and it is doubtful that any DTC were logged. I suggest you start by checking all engine compartment fluid levels as well as your fuel tank level.

4. jhknight

jhknight Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I used to get the master warning light from a loose connection in the wiring harness at the main battery. jiggling the wires would get rid of the light. Dealer did something to tighten that connection and it hasn't happened in a long time.