1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Warning lights coming on right AFTER replacement of combination meter

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Laura Astrid, Apr 21, 2019.

1. Laura Astrid

Laura Astrid Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I replaced my coolant control valve yesterday and my combination meter today.
    After putting the dash all back together with the replacement meter installed, I turned on the car and noticed the right blinker arrow light was on (not blinking, solid green) and the traction control light was on. Took it for a drive and they stayed on and when using the right blinker, the Auto A/C button blinks.
    After driving about 20 minutes 2 more lights came on - the parking brake indicator and the airbag indicator.
    All these lights remained on the rest of my 2 trips.
    On my trip home, the red triangle came on for a very short time then went away - this happened 3 times in a row in quick succession.
    Got home and plugged in code reader - got p1122 - code for coolant control valve.
    One thought I have is that the meter they sent me to replace is not exactly the same as the old one. For example, the P,N,R, and B lights are a smaller font. Could the replacement meter coming from a different year or generation prius cause the weird light issue?

2. SFO

SFO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    What OBD2 device are you using to read the codes with?

Did the combination meter come with a warranty?

Do you still have the old combination meter?

Did you purchase this Combination Meter from Matt @Texas Hybrid Batteries - they offer a lifetime product warranty for $150

Product link : Prius Speedometer Replacement

Raytheeagle and jerrymildred like this.
  3. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    It is possible that your car has two unrelated issues:

1. An incorrect combination meter.
    2. Air remaining in the engine coolant loop.

4. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    This is a possibility. The 2004-2005 combination meter (CM) is different to the 2006-2009 CM. The first post in this thread: Combination Meters that stop at 299,999 miles, Who's affected and what you can do about it. illustrates the two different CMs. You do not want to fit a 2004-2005 CM to your 2006, as it tops out at 299,999 miles.

Hope that helps.

PS: The P1122 code is saying the coolant flow control valve position sensor circuit is low. The water valve position is fixed at the position it was in when DTC is detected. If it is not an OEM valve you used, it may be faulty.

The work up for the P1122 is here: DTC P1122 - Coolant Flow Control Valve Position Sensor Circuit Low

#4 dolj, Apr 21, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2019