1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Warning on Installing RAV4 Side Moldings on Prius III

Discussion in 'Prius c Accessories and Modifications' started by ProximalSuns, Apr 24, 2012.

1. ProximalSuns

ProximalSuns Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    This got started on the PIP section but some Prius III folks might not see the original and the add ons.

The RAV4 side moldings work great on the Prius. They match the color (Blizzard Pearl etc.) and look great.

However, there are some install issues to be aware of.

Because the RAV4 moldings are tapered, you need to align the bottom of the molding with the top of the lower side molding (if you have it) or the with the lower edge of the door if you do not. The instructions, meant for a RAV4, will lead your or the installer astray.

Otherwise the side molding will look out of alignment with the car. Here's my Pearl with it installed "incorrectly" and Allandes PIP with it installed correctly. Mine is in the shop having it fixed. $95 dollar lesson.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. KK6PD

KK6PD _ . _ . / _ _ . _

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Neatness counts! Besides it does look better in the second photo!

3. ProximalSuns

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Yes it does and sloppy of me to post in the Prius C section. Hopefully the moderators will fix it.

4. KK6PD

KK6PD _ . _ . / _ _ . _

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    With the deluge of all the new PC'ers, you are not the only one, but hey, at least you are posting. People will figure it out. I read all the threads, there are some interesting things going on!

5. ProximalSuns

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    The Toyota dealer went online and grabbed the pic of Allande's car and texted it to me and said "Like this?". I said yes, the same pic is in the glove compartment.

We talked of inverting them (something Allande) mentioned but the consensus at the dealership was to do it as Allende did it (must have been the hot topic in the lunchroom and they were voting on it).

So they did it and it looks much better.