1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Warning to Sirius subscribers

Discussion in 'Prius c Audio and Electronics' started by mitch23, Apr 10, 2012.

1. mitch23

mitch23 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Im just a little pissy...seems I have had a Sirius subscription in my 2006 Prius since 2006....$154 a year. I just got a Prius C...I called to have my subscription transferred and they are telling me that the radio in the C is a XM/Sirius radio and if I want to get the same package (With Howard Stern) it is now almost $200.

All the bitching in the world only got me a three month discount. It isn't fair. the companies merge...they should still honor my old agreement yet they threw me a curve ball and now they are saying I have to pay more.

Of course I will. Its worth it to me. But once Howard retires, Ill downgrade the package. I hope they are ready for others who will do the same thing.

I guess I was spoiled getting the sirius package for the past 6 years. But NOT COOL for marketing the radio as Sirius when in reality, they treat it like an XM radio...

1 person likes this.
  2. ProximalSuns

ProximalSuns Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I had Sirius with NFL in Escape hyrid and they gave me full credit $330 towards my XM subscription in my new Prius, tacked on to the 3 months trial subscription from Toyota.

That seemed to be the current policy.

3. mitch23

mitch23 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    They did credit me the unused part of my year left on the last Prius...but I'm not able to get the same $159/yr with Howard package on the new radio...They told me that 'this was a Sirius radio, it was an XM/Sirius radio'. I guess thats what I object to. That just sounds wrong to do. My deal was $159 and it should stay that way no matter what car I'm driving.

4. Ashley7

Ashley7 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    Are you sure when your year was up on the last car, they wouldn't have raised it then too? Or is it really all because of the different type of radio? (Disclaimer: I've never had satellite radio, so I really have no idea what I'm talking about)

5. ProximalSuns

ProximalSuns Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    As long as they gave you the credit they did their duty.

6. roamerr

roamerr Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    2 people like this.
  7. mitch23

mitch23 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    roamerr....you are the greatest! that thread got me the info I needed to get the bill from $197 to $116 for xmpremier. I owe you a digital beer. I love Priuschat! My faith is humanity his restored.

8. PlacerLode

PlacerLode Prospecting Planet Earth

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Great advice roamerr a car is not a car w/o Howard 100 and Howard 101!