1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

warp stealth question

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Fuel Economy' started by N2MPG, Sep 14, 2013.

1. N2MPG

N2MPG Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    OK. So I've been able to achieve warp stealth about half of my trips to and from work. It's a 38 mile commute with plenty of hills up and down.
    When I achieve WS I go from eco level throttle 2/3 up the hsi then go down to the charge/EV line. Sometimes my fuel cits off sometimes not.
    I'm in a 2012 Prius ii
    This afternoon ambient temp was 73 but NY water temp never went above 193. Using a scan gauge.

Any thoughts?

2. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Perhaps you might consider alternating technique over the route on alternate days for say two weeks:
    1. Even days - use your current technique and take a photo at the end of each trip showing: miles, MPG, and average speed.
    2. Odd days - use cruise control and take a photo at the end of each trip showing: miles, MPG, and average speed.
    Try to achieve the same average speed regardless of technique. So if your current technique shows say 45 mph on each trip, adjust your cruise control setting to also report 45 mph on each trip. It may take a day or two to get the right cruise control setting to match your current technique. Of course it might be interesting to see what speed variations your current technique delivers.

Bob Wilson

3. N2MPG

N2MPG Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    May try that.. just weird I don't hit zero gph consistantly... hrm

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    perhaps your ice is running to warm up at times.

5. N2MPG

N2MPG Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Turns out I didn't study the warm up sequence of the gen iii well enough .
    Gave it a little bit of driveway time and some off throttle time before the interstate and voila warp stealth. Apparently I was in s3 the days it wouldnt work.