1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Warranty for OEM speakers?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by lululawless, Jun 5, 2008.

1. lululawless

lululawless New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I know this is a long shot, but any chance the speakers are covered by warranty? I got my 2008 Package 2 on March 30th. Last week the right front speaker started going in and out, and also popping/cracking at times. I've never blown a speaker before, I'm assuming they're gonna tell me it's my fault and its not covered.
    I know the speakers suck to begin with, but I'd rather have a free replacement, naturally.

2. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Why do you think it's a long shot?

The speakers and the entire audio system are covered under the basic warranty, unless the dealer can show that the damage was caused by your abuse or misuse of the speakers.

BTW, I doubt very much that your dealer will deny coverage. But if they try, don't let them get away with it.

3. morpheusx

morpheusx Professor Chaos

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    the only way I can see them denying that is if you hooked up an aftermarket amplifier, otherwise you should be fine.