1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

warranty issue - 2012 Prius

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Zubin Shah, Oct 27, 2013.

1. Zubin Shah

Zubin Shah Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I recently bought a used 2012 Prius III. When I purchased the prius, I was told by the dealer that they can offer 100K miles 7year B2B from teh date of purchase. I trusted them and bought the 7 year warranty. When my papaerwork was being processed, I double checked on that fact and my warranty paper does say 100K from date of purchase. However when I receievd my paperwork from toyota, it only says 100K from date of manufacture.

I tried to bring up this issue with the dealer, but they backed up saying they never mentioned it. and it would have been a mistake with the paperwork that I was issued. Now, this was one of teh key factors under the influence which I bought the car within 45 mins of my first visit. Also the sales person told me initially that the the prius' hybrid battery warranty os 150,000 miles not 100K miles when I purchase from them. Same thing when I received my apperwork from Toyota, it mentions 100K miles. I brought up the issue with them and all they had to say about it was that it was a mistake !

What should I do? Shoudl I bring up tyhe issue with Toyota directly?