1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Warranty Question

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by prius2006rocks, Apr 14, 2006.

1. prius2006rocks

prius2006rocks New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Just making sure - the warranty for the Hybrid Related Components in California is: 10 years, 150,000 miles? Is this correct? I know there are other threads on warranties but I need to confirm this. Then I can order one from the dealer tomorrow! (8-10 weeks... I think the full tax credit should still be in play then)

2. prius2006rocks

prius2006rocks New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Someone on the Yahoo! Prius group confirmed this so I assume it's right,

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(prius2006rocks @ Apr 13 2006, 11:04 PM) [snapback]239608[/snapback]</div>

3. highroute

highroute New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(prius2006rocks @ Apr 13 2006, 11:04 PM) [snapback]239608[/snapback]</div>
    I think the only way to describe the 2006 California-specific warranty terms in a way that is not misleading would be to type in the six pages of text verbatim ... and even then it would be potentially misleading! Or maybe you'd need to have a lawyer look at it, one who is experienced in warranties.

As I read it, the California-specific warranty is an emissions control warranty. The coverage is for 15 years or 150,000 miles, whichever comes first, with an exception for the hybrid battery. The covered parts are: engine control computer, throttle body, intake manifold and intake air surge tank, catalytic converter, exhaust front pipe, exhaust manifold, fuel tank, coolant heat storage tank, hybrid battery control computer, hybrid system generator, hybrid battery (except that the hybrid battery coverage is limited to 10 years or 150,000 miles), hybrid control computer, hybrid inverter with converter, and hybrid motor.

By the way, the manual says that these California provisions also apply in certain other states that have adopted these provisions.