1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

warranty work

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by cireecnop1, Feb 23, 2008.

1. cireecnop1

cireecnop1 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    so i had the car looked at yesterday. it had a dead pixel on the screen. its a single pixel that you can't even see unless you are in the diagnostic menu or if you have the screen off and its dark outside. i guess since it was so small and insignificant the dealer said that a Toyota rep would have to come out and inspect it to authorize the work. so they did and then they had to dismantle the dash just to get a part number. Im excited cause the body shop that worked on my car previously got armorall on it so now its gonna be nice and new.

2. ForTheGlory

ForTheGlory New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    They're really going to replace the MFD screen because of a dead pixel? My plasma TV warranty specifically states that dead pixels come with the territory, and are not grounds for replacement unless there are a ton that are out.

I'm surprised that they'd agree to fix the MFD.

3. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    As stated above, a certain number of dead pixels are usually considered normal in the display industry, whether it's LCD or Plasma. No one likes them, especially if they fail bright, but they are hard to avoid.

That's great that you are going to get a new display.

Tom