1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Warranty

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by tea, May 16, 2006.

1. tea

tea New Member

Hi everyone,
    Not sure what I am doing yet, still learning about the web site and the car! Hopefully you can help me. My dealer wants to sell me a used car warranty for $2600! It will give me 4 years of peace but the price is so high! I looked online and it seems there are lots of companies that sell warrantys for used cars. Has anyone heard of Warrantdirect? They have a great deal for half the price. Any suggestions.

Thank
    Tea

2. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    If you have not already done so, read Consumer Reports' free advice on what to do when buying a used car. Pay a Prius certified mechanic of your choosing to assess the car's condition before buying it. At the very least search the VIN to see whether this car has been in any serious accidents. If it has I would run away from it.

3. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    If the car has less than 36,000 miles on the odometer, you can purchase the Toyota Financial Services Platinum extended warranty (good for 100,000 miles or seven years from the time that the car was placed in service) right here on PriusChat for $990.

4. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IsrAmeriPrius @ May 16 2006, 05:11 PM) [snapback]256497[/snapback]</div>
    $990 is alot better than $2600 .. ;)