1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Was your Prius delivered or "dropped off"?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by bookrats, Nov 5, 2004.

1. bookrats

bookrats New Member

My Prius is supposed to be arriving in a little under two weeks (if the gods do smile upon me [where's an emoticon for prayer?]).

My broker went through a Toyota dealer in Oregon that he works with frequently; they'll process/do the check-up down there, and then have it delivered here -- either to my address, or at the non-Toyota dealership where my broker has his office.

So, a question for other owners who had their Prii delivered:</span> (as opposed to picking it up at a Toyota dealership):

Anything in particular you\'d recommend looking out for, or doing, when the car\'s delivered? Anything beyond what you\'d do at a Toyota dealership?

I\'ve gone through the <span style=\'color:blue\'>Prius Pick-up Checklist

But I'm wondering if there's anything beyond what's described here that I should consider.

Thank goodness for PriusChat! (Thanks Danny!)

2. amped

amped Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    For comparison, I just picked up my first '05 from a dealer in Portland this morning. The Prius Checklist is probably more detailed than what the dealer did! I can think of a few things:

- Get the completed, signed PDI/PDS check sheet original. It's supposed to be in the glove box. It confirms that the dealer did inspect and service the car according to Toyota procedures that they're paid to do. There should be no additional charge for the inspection/service.

- Check tire pressures. As usual, mine still had shipping pressures of 50 psi.

- Will your car be trucked or driven there? If trucked, it should have less than 10 miles on it. Mine had 2.

- Look in the tray above the spare. There's a cool new Prius backpack included! It's black cordura with a green Prius logo embroidered appliqué.

- I'll be applying the Griot's Best of Show wax with a random orbital buffer this afternoon and replacing the tires early next week. Gotta go to the tire dealer now to order them before I get to work with the buffer. Luckily it's a beautiful day today to admire the MSM when I'm done. Good luck!

3. seasalsa

seasalsa Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Jeff,
    My car was delivered to my Credit Union. The broker has trucked it up from Salem. I went thru John's checklist and found while signing the paperwork that there was a dealer checklist included. Other than the tires being at 32psi everything checked out.

4. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Good to hear that you're almost there, Jeff. Seems like yesterday we were in Seattle having Prius-talk over a pint.

As always, keep us updated. Sounds like you have everything under control.

5. V8Cobrakid

V8Cobrakid Green Handyman

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    amped.. a prius backpack? have a pic of it? i want one! :)

6. Hytec

Hytec New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I picked up my '05 BJ from the local Toyota dealer 11 days ago and there was no, repeat NO backpack in the tool tray! Is this a deliverable with new 05's, or just something thrown in by various benevolent dealerships?
    Hank

7. amped

amped Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    V8, I'm whipped after all afternoon holding on to a random orbital buffer shining up the new Prius. Let me figure out how to post here and I'll get back to you tomorrow. I checked the FAQ's but didn't see how big the allowable .jpeg file size is. Anyone? TIA...

8. Canuck

Canuck Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Interesting.......I guess that they consider all Canadians have a backpack 'cause I didn't get one and then tonight I had a phone call from Alberta where a very polite young lady ( I think...Young?) was asking me questions regarding my recent purchase of a Prius and about my internet experience. There was no place in the question section to tell her about " PriusChat" so I added it to that last portion where she recorded my comments. Now she did ask whether I'd received a "gift" from my dealer upon buying the Prius. I replied, '"No, but if there is one I'd like to have it, however, I considered the Prius to be a "gift" to the Western world."'
    Gary

9. 8AA

8AA Active Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Congratulations Jeff! I'm glad to hear that your wait is almost over.

10. bookrats

bookrats New Member

Thanks everybody -- appreciate your experience! I hope everything goes as smoothly as your delivery, Mark.

That was the genesis of this particular Prius, Danny -- you and Mark and Bob and RobertO. You guys' enthusiasm was (and is) contagious.

Which means I'm moving slowly, being pessimistic, and preparing myself for mishap (e.g., dealer misunderstood options or colors; not MSRP; boat the Prius is on is torpedoed): 'cause when I think I have things under control, the gods laugh, and teach me not to assume things... :wink:

11. bookrats

bookrats New Member

It's a small world, Mark. Apparently mine's from Capital Toyota in Salem, too.

It's very reassuring to find out that I'm getting it from the same dealer you did!

12. seasalsa

seasalsa Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Do you have a delivery date yet?

13. betshsu

betshsu Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
  14. bookrats

bookrats New Member

Just got it last night, Mark. Had all of 5 miles on it. It's gorgeous!

Details here.